Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

My phone keeps showing the logo will not turn on past that

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cell Phones
11/22/2016
Cell Phone Technician: Randy***** CellTech, Cell Phone Technician replied 1 year ago
Randy***** CellTech
Randy***** CellTech, Cell Phone Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

What is the model of your phone please?

You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Randy! Hope you can help! It's an LG Ls740p
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The phone was glitching yesterday and now just flashes the LG Logos

yes, that sounds like the firmware cashed. We can most likely get it working again with a factory restore.

Give me a moment and I will post the steps for you to follow.

1. Power off your phone by holding the power button down for 20 seconds
  2. Then press and hold Volume Down + Power button.
  3. When you see Recovery mode, then release both buttons.
  4. Select option "wipe data/factory reset" using Volume buttons to scroll options, and Power button to confirm operation.
  5. Now confirm operation "Yes -- delete all user data" with Power button.
  6. After that choose "reboot system now" from the menu.
  7. Done!

did that work?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is still erasing

okay, sounds good so far. Did you have a google account connected to the LG?

okay, great. You can sign in with that email and password, then anything that was set to back up will be restored.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is this common with this phone, my husband had this problem 2 months ago, but never fixed it. This could be so extremely helpful

yes, actually it is fairly common especially if the phones aren't powered off regularly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
mine has a hard time holding a charge, so it powered off regularly on its own lol should it be complete by now? It's going back to the logos

yes, it should be getting back to the initial set up screen.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it shows the Virgin mobile logo then goes away for a few seconds and appears again

okay, try charging it for a few minutes, then if hasnt restored try the restore process again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok tried it again
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
doesn't seem to be working :(

okay, if the restore doesn't work then that will indicate a failure with the hardware, usually the main board.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still showing the virgin mobile logo
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can we fix the main board?

no, unfortunately that would cost more than a replacement phone.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nothing else to do then

no. unfortunately the restore is the only option. Sorry.

Randy***** CellTech
Randy***** CellTech