Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

I have a Verizon Samsung S5. A friend changed his cell phone

Customer Question

I have a Verizon Samsung S5. A friend changed his cell phone number, so I edited the existing one, substituting the new number. Now his profile contains TWO numbers, the new and the old. I can't access the old one to delete it.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Samuel White replied 8 months ago.

I am Samuel and I will help so you have one contact name and two number but can not delete the old?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The old one does not come up when you edit the contact's entry.

Ok go into the contact as if you are going to edit and tap more manage multiple accounts

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What????? What is "more manage multiple accounts?"
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have to leave. Will read your answer tomorrow.

I am sorry. There is a more option or on some s5's the more option is represented by 3 vertical dots. Once either of those options are selected you want to look for the option which lets you control multiple accounts. The exact name may be different however look for something that states manage more accounts or linked accounts.

Have a great evening!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
None of those options comes up! I am using the contact app that comes with the phone from Verizon.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also, nothing close comes up either!

I think you may have to call in for a tech to troubleshoot over the phone line with you. Or if you are up to it check out this article http://www.sebertech.com/2014/07/cannot-delete-contacts-on-samsung.html

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks anyway.

Was the article any help? I am sure I could get you a solution but I would need to know what the options are that you see on the different screens. There are many different versions of android's operating system. The information I see may be a newer or old version than what you have running on your device.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'll just take it to my local store.

I am District Manager for 3 of them in WNY. Your issue is a data recovery issue not a service issue so they won't do much honestly. I hope for the best however! Best wishes!

I am sorry it is not data recovery. I got two questions mixed up. They may be of service in your case!