JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer
Experience:  Broadcast Engineer for over 7 years.
53814968

Can you explain to me how I can be blocked from someones

Customer Question

Can you explain to me how I can be blocked from someones cell phone. Is that manually applied.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: I have an Iphone 4 but I am not sure of the phone I was blocked from
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It was going on for three weeks. I was texting my brother and he did not receive any of my messages. I asked him to check with verizon and when he checked me as a contact I was blocked. We are wondering how that could open. Does someone have to manually apply the block or is that a a network issue?
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all just need to know how his phone blocked my messages
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  JA Engineer replied 11 months ago.

Hello and good morning to you.

The simple answer to your question is that someone has to manually block a number in his or her phone. It is not an automatic process. In addition, you cannot accidentally block a number either because there are a few menu steps one has to go through to block a specific number. Maybe someone at your brother's house or someone he may have lent his phone blocked your number. Ask him to check his phone and unblock your number.

Since each phone is different in how the blocking and unblocking process is done, I am unable to give specific instructions that you could pass on to your brother. If he is having difficulty in finding how to unblock your number, tell him to go back to Verizon so that they can help him to sort it out.