Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

I'm trying to activate a phone for my mom. The sim card is

Customer Question
Hi I'm trying to activate...
Hi I'm trying to activate a phone for my mom. The sim card is from Telcel Mexico carrier. I bought exact same phone on ebay that was working but when I put sim card it reads sim lock code -1. The phone model is Alcatel A392G. Can anyone help unlock it. Thank u
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cell Phones
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/10/2016
Cell Phone Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please with which provider the Alcatel came with? eg: AT&T, Verizon?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I bought the phone on Ebay and said it was Trac Fone. Won't allow me to see anything beyond start up as that sim lock code pops up. Is that something we can unlock. If not I have a blue diva flex 2.4 that on start up has T Mobile and Telcel logo. That phone reads to install sim card

ok, you need to get the phone unlocked from Tracfone

Write down your phone's IMEI (international mobile device identification) number. Find it by typing "*#06#" into your phone and hitting "Send." It might also be on a label under the battery.

Then call(###) ###-####/p>

Request an unlock code you can then enter this in and use the phone.

Let me know please how you go.

Richard, Technician