Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

In deleting apps, I have caused my phone to recognize speak

Customer Question

In deleting apps, I have caused my phone to recognize speak to text only, in messaging and facebook...I went to settings, and it will not let me undo the Google voice recognition feature under Current Keyboard...it says "automatic" Thanks
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Samuel White replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Samuel your expert. Thank you for the information! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your

reply ASAP.

So I understand the language is wrong on certain programs?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
NO...my problem is I have voice ONLY text....I want it back to keyboard texting/typing....problem affecting FB and messaging

Ok I understand let me look into this for you.

What device do you have please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Droid Turbo

Tr this go to settings/apps/find google keyboard/ force stop/ clear data/ clear cache

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
did not work...first, there is no "google keyboard" only google app, play services, etc..I opened google app, tried to force stop, clear data...not working

Settings/apps/all.... you should see google keyboard there

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry no keyboard anywhere...maybe I deleted it? I live near the Verizon store but have pneumonia and cannot go at this time.

Ok give me a little time to research I will get you an answer. They are not going to help very much because it is not a Verizon service issue. I an a DM at Verizon and we train reps to have you call tech support for those issues. I will help you out. Sorry you are not feeling well also.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you....I will wait for an answer

I need you to walk through this with me. That way we can reset the keyboard

You do not have to call but I need to know what you are seeing on your screen to best advise you. Where I am telling you to go and what to select is need much easier this way. Or you can back up the phone and reset it. I know that will work.

I booted up motorola to find out the steps "Settings/apps/all.... you should see google keyboard there" this one was correct... when you first get into apps the top shows downloaded slide left until you see "all"

Did that help?

Did you get this handled?