Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

The light on my screen will not light up. i have a galaxy

Customer Question
s5 JA: What's the make/model of...
the light on my screen will not light up. i have a galaxy s5
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 3 years samsung galaxy s5
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it just happened, i was using my phone and the light shut up, i tried turning it off and back on
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cell Phones
9/21/2016
Cell Phone Technician: Viet-Cell Phone Tech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Viet-Cell Phone Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried to press and hold the Power on / off button on your phone for about 20 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

- If that does not work, can you please remove the battery from the phone for about a minute, then reinstall it, then turn the phone back on and check?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that didnt work
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
im trying the battery
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
neither worked

I'm sorry. Can you please connect the charger / power cord to the phone, then do you see any power / light?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that didnt work either

With the charger connected to the phone, press and hold the power on / off button on the phone for about 60 seconds this time, then turn it back on and check.

Is there any power / light now?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that didnt work either.

I'm sorry. Can you connect the phone USB cable from the phone to the computer, if you have, and see if it charges; see if there is any power / light?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that also didnt work

I'm sorry. After doing all the troubleshooting, this confirms it's a hardware issue. Since there is no power / light at all, the phone could be bad or the battery could be bad. Can you please try with a new battery and check? Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i dont have another battery

It may be available in your local / wireless phone store. But online, it's a lot cheaper. Though you might want to test the phone locally first. Please wait a bit; I'm checking on where to get the battery online. Thank you,

Please let me know if you need help with any other electronics or computer issue today. Thank you for your patience,

Viet-Cell Phone Tech
Viet-Cell Phone Tech
Viet-Cell Phone Tech, Technician