Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
32989067

The icon with all the apps, the bunch of dots, has

Customer Question

The icon with all the apps, the bunch of dots, has disappeared from my phone screen! I put in the fixed area so my mom could easily access it and it is gone. Not on any of the 4 pages. How do I restore it without having to do a system reset. The phone is only about 2 weeks old! I already spent a ton of time on the set up
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the make and model of the phone?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LG Stlyo 2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stylo 2, sorry
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, and you had an icon made that when you pressed it you would see all the apps in one page?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right, it had every app. I just put the ones I used more often on the home and other pages, but obviously I need to be able to access any and all of the apps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes I am here.

They actually removed this in the last update Karyn, so you need to do the following to get it back

First up you'll need to locate LG's own app store

It'll either be residing directly on a home screen or tucked away in a folder. Give the pink globe icon a tap to open

Tap the magnifying glass in the top-right corner of the app, type in 'LG Home 4.0' and then select the search result on screen.

Tapping the 'Download' button gives you the option to either create or log in to an LG account, or you can download by just agreeing to the terms and conditions.

The choice is yours, but if you just want to get on with the download check the box and hit the pink 'Start with Device account' button. LG Home 4.0 will then begin to download

Hit the home button after installing and you'll be given the option of which UI you would like to use. You'll need to select 'Home (UX4.0)' for the app drawer to return. Check the 'use default app' box to select it as your main interface.

It will the be returned

Let me know how you go please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is freaking insane to remove it and especially not to tell people! Will you stay here while I try to get it back?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes I will

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have an lg folder like you've described. Just a basic tools folder and a Google folder. Can it be accessed through Google play?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

no, as it is part of the LG interface, not Android

You do not see the pink Globe?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, then use this app please

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.onyxbits.listmyapps

It is an app to list all apps, and it is similar to what LG had

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I link to Google play even if app does not come from there?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

This app is on Google Play so you install it from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then what platform am I to choose for copy/share? There is a drop down list of plain text
HTML list
BBCode List
Markdown list
Market URL (raccoon)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did install, it is a choice at the top of the app.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't list the apps that came on the phone, just the handful I have added
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to be able to access ALL the apps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For instance, because I cannot access the included music app I can't add a song to my alarm
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

sorry I am not clear on what you're doing.

You need to go to Google Play Store on your phone and download and install the app I provided please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DID install the app and the only apps available for me to check off for a new inclusive app button are the Google apps I have downloaded, not all of system apps plus Google apps. Please take a look at the download so you'd see the choice of copy/share since I am not sure what that means for the app itself
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, all apps installed will be there.

What do you mean with system apps, which apps are you referring to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean the apps that came with the damn phone. They are NOT LISTED as I have stated several times! The 22 apps I have downloaded from Google play are the ONLY apps that are listed. I don't know how I can be more clear. I have 62 apps under apps in settings. 40 apps are NOT appearing in the List My Apps
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

on one of these pre loaded apps, hold down on it until a menu appears at the top.

Do you then see Create Folder?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I doing this in the new list my app or outside of it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got lg support on chat on my other phone. This is too complicated and they say they can help. Thanks anyway
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

on one of the pre loaded apps.

So on one of the apps that does not show in list.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok