Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

I have an iPhone and this just started happening a few hours

Customer Question
hi so I have an...
hi so I have an iPhone and this just started happening a few hours ago, but it shut off and now every time I turn it back on it starts to turn on with the apple logo and everything but then instead of going to the home screen it just turns back off It's been plugged in this whole time
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: it's an iPhone 6 not a tv and no
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: for about 2 and half hours and I've tried leaving it plugged in, holding down the lock button and home button, doing the same thing while toggling the mute switch, and pressing each buttons by themselves
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: my phone has been acting a little weird for the past few days or so, just with a lot of apps crashing, my music skipping and not working, and pictures coming back when I had already deleted them.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cell Phones
9/3/2016
Cell Phone Technician: Jason Jones, Cell Phone Tech. replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Cell Phone Tech.

My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to assisting you today.

You will have to restore the iPhone to a base firmware install, which will erase everything on the iPhone, but you can later restore the contents of the iPhone to a backup that you have on the computer (the same computer you used in the past to sync the phone with):
- You will need to have the iTunes application installed first. If you do not have it, you can download it for free from the following site: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
- Press and hold the top power button until the iPhone turns off
- Connect the iPhone to the computer that you have been using the phone and iTunes with
- Hold down the HOME button on the front while pressing the Power button (continue holding the home button)
- Continue to hold the HOME button until you see the "Connected to iTunes" message
Option 1: Click the iPhone icon that is located near the top left of the iTunes window. It will look like a small iPhone. Now, click Backup and complete that. Once it is complete, click the Restore button and follow the prompts. (THIS WILL ERASE everything on the iPhone and make it just as it was when you first purchased the phone).
Option 2: Click the button on the top right of the iTunes window for your (iPhone) and then click the Backup button. Once that completes, click the Restore button.
- Once that is complete, right click the iPhone listing in the left panel of the iTunes window
- Choose "Restore from Backup"
- Choose a backup date and restore.
Now your iPhone will be back up and have all the restored information from your last sync.

One quick note: This is my job; however, I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer below, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wait though this doesn't work because my phone literally won't turn on. Like I can't do anything with it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
like i won't see any message or anything because it won't do ANYTHING at all

No, please do not wait. It doesn't have to "Turn on" for it to work. Please, follow the instructions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jason pls I'm having trouble iTunes doesn't recognize my phone when I plug it into my computer like it acts like there's nothing there

After you follow my instructions, what is shown on the iPhone's screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I never get a "connected to iTunes" message because my phone doesn't work.

I know that it doesn't work. That does not matter. It doesn't have to "WORK" for you to follow the instructions. When you follow the instructions, it will put the iPhone in a special mode, which will allow you to continue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK jason. I have been following the instructions. And they do not work. I don't even see an iPhone logo in the top left corner of iTunes

That part will not work until you follow my instructions. So you turned the phone off all the way and followed the instructions below? At which step did the process fail?

Press and hold the top power button until the iPhone turns off

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I plugged my phone into my computer but it gave no indication that it was there. like iTunes doesn't recognize my device

Okay. I know that.

Do the following:

After you do all of that with the buttons, is there any change?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
JASON. I can't see the connected to iTunes message it just doesn't pop up

I am sorry for the confusion. I just want to be sure that you are following my instructions. It will not pop up unless you follow my instructions exactly. If they are not followed exactly, then it will not work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok well they're just not working

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Cell Phone Technician: John T. F., Mac Druid replied 1 year ago
John T. F., Mac Druid

for clarification; is the iPhone completely dead or are you still able to turn it back on and see the Apple logo before it shuts off again?

John T. F., Mac Druid