Josh, Technician
Experience:  Cell phone expert
50836188

I started using an LG G5 the end of May 2016. An SD card was

Customer Question

I started using an LG G5 the end of May 2016. An SD card was inserted so that pictures could go to the card and not use up room on the internal storage. Now there is a message that the SD card is corrupted. Is there a way to retrieve the pictures, etc. that were on the card? How did the card get corrupted and how is this prevented for happening again?
Category: Cell Phones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since this took me to an ad that would not let me reject the free trial...DO NOT
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi Corinne,

I will try to answer each question that you have:

Is there any way to retrieve the pictures? Have you inserted the SD card into your computer? It is possible that the files are still on there. If they are not on there, you can try using a data recovery program such as Pandora Recovery (found here: http://www.pandorarecovery.com/ ) for recovering anything that is lost.

How did the card become corrupted? There is no way to tell how it became corrupted. Some electronic devices will last years without any issues and some will only last a couple of weeks or days. If you didn't do anything such as dropping the phone, letting the phone get wet, etc then there is no definite way to determine the exact cause of the issue. It could have just been a faulty card.

How can I prevent this from happening? The short answer is that you can't. There isn't a 100% proof way to prevent any device from failing.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.