Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

I CAN'T TURN IT ON. A few weeks ago it went off. Told to

Customer Question
I CAN'T TURN IT ON...
I CAN'T TURN IT ON. A few weeks ago it went off. Told to take out battery & reinstall. All worked fine except mms. Have been trying to get mms. Spent an hour on phone. Still wasn't fixed. could do everything but mms. called today and they said to change the apn and then when that didn't work to take the battery out. Now it doesn't go on. they want me to do a factory reset, but I am not sure I have backed up anything - I know shame on me. I think the last time I lost all my time its a tracfone lg. Can that be what happened?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: about a year
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I took the battery out and waited 20 seconds
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: its a tracfone. the last time when they tried to fix the mms I lost all service minutes, text and data.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cell Phones
8/15/2016
Cell Phone Technician: Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician replied 1 year ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician

I am an expert. I understand you have a tracfone not getting mms. What monthly plan are you on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a prepaid 1300 minutes, 1300 texts, and 1300 data, I had about 400 mg data

What model phone please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
lgl33l
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
LG L33L

Do you ever turn your data off? If so please enable your data.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THe phone does not turn on anymore. The technician asked me to remove the battery, which I did, and the phone would not turn on again. It has the 3 circle symbol and "a service of Tracfone wireless"

Oh boy that is not good at all. We may have to do a manual factory reset on it. It will wipe the phone clean.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What I was trying to avoid if you read my whole first question. Can I take the SIm card out of it and put it in another phone to back up what is in it?

New sim cards don't hold data only the black SD card does.

Can you call?I have another way but I need to know what is happening real time to do it

Were you able to get what you needed off the device so we can proceed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can I call you later this evening. I have to work.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know if anything is backed up or not

No problem when eveer you are ready

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do I contact you later

I can keep this request open and you tip the call button and it prompt me to reach out to you ASAP

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I won't be on this computer, so I don't know if I can do this

If you log in from a different pc this request will still be accessible

Eric, Android Expert