Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

I need the starting program for my lg tribute 5. I have

Customer Question
I need the starting...
I need the starting program for my lg tribute 5. I have factory reset it already and it still freezes on lg screen. can you just reload the operating system on my phone through the computer?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cell Phones
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/7/2016
Cell Phone Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi there

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do we have an easy solution for this???

If the factory reset did not work then there is a hardware fault.

Reloading the operating system from a computer will not fix this.

The phone will need to be returned to LG for repair or replacement.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not really a hardware fault. my phone was rooted and I downloaded an app to remove the root. I was supposed to give the app access to the root before I started it but I forgot to grant access so its just stuck
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
right?

Ok, if the phone has been rooted then that is quite different.

Did you root the phone yourself?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sir

Ok, I'm not sure if the phone will actually be recoverable at this point if it is bricked - let me check with the other techs...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do I need to do

Another tech will reply shortly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks
Cell Phone Technician: Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician replied 1 year ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician

The phone is bricked sir. It is a software issue and if the phone won't go past the lg screen even after a reset, it is bricked.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I came to that conclusion about 12 hours ago. can u help me fix it?

I am sorry about the issue but we are trying to help you see that short of sending it back to LG (which won't help because it was rooted) you have a unfixable phone.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks for all the help. have a good day

Sorry not to be more help.

I hope all worked out for you! You can give your rating by selecting one of the five stars located on the top right of the question page. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. Please remember that your Expert will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for the answer. If the stars are grayed out or you cannot click on the stars to rate your experience, reply to your Expert and let them know so they can adjust your question and allow you to rate. (See attached.)

Samuel White
Samuel White
Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician