Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

I am having a problem with my I phone - some incoming calls are not getting through - the caller says it rings once...

Customer Question
I am having a problem...
I am having a problem with my I phone - some incoming calls are not getting through - the caller says it rings once then sounds like it gets a engage signal. The problem is from a local or interstate destination
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cell Phones
6/12/2016
Cell Phone Technician: Dustin, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Who is your phone service with? Verizon, Metro PCS, etc?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
telstra can you call me on(###) ###-####

Ive sent the offer for phone support.

But honestly, this is something we should be able to discuss via written support and save you some money.

How we proceed is up to you however..

Dustin S.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you we will do the written advice
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did you get my message
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am waiting - what do I do to communicate with you

Im here!

Please allow me a few minutes to look up some information specifically about telstra, so I can write out a complete answer instead of a partial one.

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

Lets check your block lists on the iphone first, and make sure that none of the callers have been added to your block list

\

Go to Settings > Phone > Blocked.

FaceTime

Go to Settings > FaceTime > Blocked.

Messages

Go to Settings > Messages > Blocked.

Once you have checked all three areas, let me know if any of the callers were added to your block list.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have no blocked list - some calls come through from a caller and some do not

Ok, lets try hard resetting your phone.. As this normally helps

To do so, hold down the sleep wake button and hold down the home button at the same time for about 15 seconds or untilll you see the apple logo.. Then release both buttons. The phone should shut down and start again.

Then, text or call the caller whose calls have not been going through.. Ask them to call you a few times to see what happens.

Dustin S.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a poor understanding of the sleep wake button ! and is the home button the one which opens the phone

The sleep wake button is the one on the top right.

The home button is the one in the bottom center of the phone.. Heres a image that should help

http://www.appledystopia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/sleep-wake-and-home.png

Dustin S.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have done what you you suggested & the problem still exists

Ok.. Is it only the one caller?

Or, is it multiple callers?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
one caller was fawlty and one was ok

And you are 100 percent certain you checked all three block list areas I mentioned, and the callers number wasnt in any of those areas?

Also, do you have the caller added as a saved contact on your phone?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do have those numbers saved on my contact list
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how secure is my credit card no.

Justanswer uses industry standard encryption and processing software. Weve never had a data breach and have been in business since early 2003.

Lets try this, delete the contact for the number that doesnt ring through properly.

Then after the contact is deleted ask them to call.. Does it go through now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you I will do that - I have run out of time

Understood.

Hopefully, that step works ( and sometimes it will fix the issue if its a bad contact)

When you have time let me know if that worked or not, and if youd like to continue at another time we can.

Dustin S.

Hello again, I havent heard back from you in a few days.

Did my suggestions help, or do you need further assistance?

Dustin S

Dustin, Technician