Randy***** CellTech
Randy***** CellTech, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Cell Phone Expert
62741268

When trying to restore iPhone 5c i get error code 50?

Customer Question

when trying to restore iPhone 5c i get error code 50?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Randy***** CellTech replied 1 year ago.

First, check your isb cable or try a different USB port then restart the computer.Let me know if this helps please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done that. also made sure iTunes was up to date. not to be rude but I've already went through the list of to do's on apples sight. I've even tried putting it in hfc mode (i think thats what it was called anyway) and doing a restore and update from there with iTunes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a restore file downloaded on my mac laptop but am unsure how to dump it to iPhone when finder does not show the iPhone plugged into the usb port
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did i lose our link?

sorry for the delay, do you have another computer you can connect the iPhone to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this one works fine with the other iPhones i have. it will work with the one in question until it gets to restoring the firmware. thats when it faults out with error code 50

okay, that error message indicates that the connection is lost. it is mst likely a fault with the iPhone firmware.

Try this please>

1. Plug your device into your computer.
  2. Turn off the device.
  3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds
  4. Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds
  5. Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button
  6. Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will try that again but it hasn't worked the last few times I've tried it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its recovery mode do you want me to try to restore and update again from here?

yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
going now. this is where it looks good up till it gets to firmware
. it appears in iTunes to have worked but its only about 75 percent on the bar on ipohone when it shoots the error code up. i will ket you know if it works this time though

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
same as it has been when firmware is being restored it get "iPhone can not be restored error code 50"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have read in the numerous forms about this issue that you can download a restore file to the phone directly. i have the file on my laptop but don't know how to get it to the phone?

okay, it seems that the issue is with the iPhone firmware. The only way you can get it corrected will be to restore the iPhone. If it does not restore there are not any other options unless you try another computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no way to directly download the restore file to the phone through usb without going through iTunes?

no, iTunes is the only way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i mean no offense by this but through no fault of your own i am unsatisfied with this answer. how do i get a refund?

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and you are not required to pay for something that does not help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has already been charged $18 to my paypal account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
double checked and yes it has charged it already. so how does that come off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you. can i still get a refund and give you a positive review? this was not your fault and you have been helpful

yes thank you,however you do not have to rate or review.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
alright then i hope a simple thank you for your time will be accepted then and a goodnight to you

yes, your welcome!