Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

I have a samsung 6 smart phone. I accidently requested that

Customer Question
a password ***** necessary to...
I have a samsung 6 smart phone. I accidently requested that a password ***** necessary to get into the phone, now my phone is locked and i cant get into it. Neither samsung nor verizon can help me. they both said google was the only one that could help me. what do I do. This is urgent because I trade large amounts of money on my acottrade account.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cell Phones
5/2/2016
Cell Phone Technician: Randy***** CellTech, Cell Phone Technician replied 1 year ago
Randy***** CellTech
Randy***** CellTech, Cell Phone Technician
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.What is the gmail address that you used to set up the Samsung?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
***@******.***
okay, have you tried android device manager?
You can use the google account connected to the phone on android device manager to reset the password>>go to..https://www.google.com/android/devicemanagerthen sign in with your google account and password. Then choose lock, then google will ask you to create a new password. Then you can use that password ***** unlock your screen Samsung.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the android service mgr? i checked with samsung rep and he said there was nothing they could do.
I can check that for you, however i will need the gmail password. If you want to try it on your own click on this link>https://www.google.com/android/devicemanagerthen sign in with your google account and password. Then choose lock, then google will ask you to create a new password. Then you can use that password ***** unlock your screen Samsung.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my google password ***** *****
try 1234 on your samsung now please.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Randy
I went in to the device mgr, signed in, then went chose lock. created a new password, but it didnt work.
try 1234 on the samsung.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1234 was incorrect, probably because i had gone in with my own password ***** which didnt work either. why dont you get another password ***** me and ill just wait for it.
try powering the phone off for a couple of minutes and then try the 1234 again.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still doesnt work and i only have 5 trys left.
okay, unfortunately the only other option is a hard reset.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i think another password ***** work. what is a hard reset?
the hard reset will restore to factory settings, then you can set the phone back up using the google back up account.
one thing you can try first is to enter the password ***** remaining times and see if it will ask you for the google account info.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just received the info that i have 4 attempts left and then i will have a reset and will lose all info on my phone. i would like to avoid that if possible. get me another password ***** i think it will work.
do you get an image like this after five failed attempts>
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not exactly, but did get something. why? I think both of us getting a password ***** the problem. still think you getting a new password ***** will work.
no, I got a message on the google site that said Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password ***** entered won’t be used.This means Android Device Manager will not reset your screen lock due to a security setting on the s6.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
so what do we do?
the only way to get it working again will be a reset.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What will i lose and how hard is it to get it back?
everything on the phone will be wiped with the reset. Then when you set it up again as it was when new, it will ask for your google account. Everything that you had backed up will be restored. Usually contacts,calendar and app data.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok. is there a way to download pic etc before the reset?
your photos may already be saved in google. Open your google account and click on the menu at the top right beside your name, it is 3 rows of dots, then click on photos. See if the photos are up to date there.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, do i just finish the login process and the reset automatically occurs or do you do the reset?
you can keep trying the log in until it resets.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
then i can take it in to verizon where they will help me set it up again. right? they are good about that. have 3 more times til lt resets with 30 min in between.
yes, they will be glad to help.
Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!
Randy***** CellTech
Randy***** CellTech