Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a BlackBerry and my daughter has an iPhone. We will

Customer Question

I have a BlackBerry and my daughter has an iPhone. We will be traveling outside the country and want the ability to message each other without incurring data charges. I have heard that iPhone users can download the BlackBerry Messenger app. Is this a good solution?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sofia,Yes you can download the BBM app from the Apple Store to your iPhone.This will allow you to message each other without incurring data charges, as long as you are connected to wifi.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that's good. What if we're not connected to a WiFi network and we're just out on the streets? Will it still work?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
You will need to connect to a public wifi connection in the streets, otherwise it will not work unless you use a data roaming plan.