Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Dropped cell in washing machine and washed it. It was in an otter box and is not broke but

Customer Question

dropped cell in washing machine and washed it. It was in an otter box and is not broke but wet
what can I do if anything?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Do not turn it On.Do not turn it On to try it, for at least 3 days.Remove the battery at once, or as soon as possible. Do not plug the phone in to anything, for 3 days.Open all hatches, leave them open. Remove any memory card.Dry all parts, with hatches opened, battery removed, and memory card removed, for 3+ days in a warm dry undisturbed dust-free place. Better yet, since it was thoroughly soaked, make that 5+ days. Just dry on the outside won't do.'Warm' place may be an understatement. A dry hot attic would be ideal, at about 95 degrees. 105 degrees wouldn't be good for the battery, so don't dry the battery in that heat. After that interval, if thoroughly dry, and if you're very lucky somehow, the phone may power On again with actual functions, some at least.