Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

How do I update the music on the Samsung Gear App on my phone

Customer Question

How do I update the music on the Samsung Gear App on my phone to transfer to my Samsung Gear S2?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Philip,Tap the back of your Galaxy phone to the back of the Gear charging cradle to pair the two together.Your music should then sync automatically.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you misunderstood my question. The problem is not getting music to the watch itself. I have transferred music to the watch. However, I have new music that I would like to add. After I add it to either the phones files or to my google music manager it does not show up in the Gear Manager app which is what is responsible for syncing the music to the watch.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
If the new music is on your phone and you sync it with the watch again using the method I described, then it should automatically transfer.If it does not, then check that the watch is still paired with the phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the playlist first has to show up in the Samsung gear app in order to transfer. That's where my problem lies, I do not have an issue transferring what is in the app to the watch. My issue is getting music to show up in the Samsung gear app itself.Where do I have to upload the new playlist, in order for the Samsung gear app to recognize it?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
What format are the music files on the phone?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things work out for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven't worked out. You have not answered my question at all
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I need to know: What format are the music files on the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mp3 and m4a