Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

1phone 6 will not turn on

Customer Question
1phone 6 will not turn on
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cell Phones
3/27/2016
Cell Phone Technician: Ashik, Cellphone Tech replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Cellphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, this did not work.

It is possible that the battery has failed. Connect the iPhone to your computer for 20 minutes. Then press and hold down the Power and Home button for 20 seconds and this will boot into recovery mode. Let me know if it still not turning on

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The phone has been connected to the computer for more than 20 minutes. Still will not turn on.

How old is this iPhone ? When you connect it to your computer, does your computer make any sound ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Had 80% charge when I plugged it in and started charge last night.

How old is this iPhone ?

Disconnect it from your computer and reconnect it. Does your computer make any sound ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Phone is about 1 1/2 years old. Computer makes no sound when phone is unplugged and then re plugged

I'm sorry, this is an hardware issue. Either the internal board or the battery has failed. The only way to know is by taking it apart. I'm sorry, but you have to take in to the Apple Store to get it replaced. Since it is out of warranty, it would cost $299 to get the phone replaced. See here --> https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/other/

We've already tried resetting it and there is no other option left since your computer is not recognizing. You need to take it to the Apple Store. You can make appointment on Apple store from here --> http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will I be charged since my problem has not been resolved?

FYI If it is the battery, the cost to replace is $79

If you are not satisfied with the information I provided and if you don't want to pay, then you don't have to pay. It is your choice.

If you would like refund, please contact/email to *****@******.*** for refund.

Best Regards,

Note: If you are requesting refund, please don't rate the answer anything. You can close this page without rating and ignore the rating requests emails you receive from this site. And please don't rate me bad or poor as that will not process automatic refund for you but only hurt my status here.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Cellphone Tech