How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Pete Your Own Question
Pete, Electronic Engineer
Category: Cell Phones
Satisfied Customers: 17671
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
Type Your Cell Phones Question Here...
Pete is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an old Pantech flip phone that I want to download the

Customer Question

I have an old Pantech flip phone that I want to download the photos from, The AT&T store loaned me their USB cable but the phone shows up as COM port 5 on my computer, not a drive. What can I do to get the photos?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Randy,

These old phones cannot be accessed directly like you would with a more recent USB external storage device.

You will need to install the software that originally came with the phone to allow the computer to communicate with the phone and let you transfer the photos.

Related Cell Phones Questions