Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Can i use my verizon Pantech with a surface pro 3, if so do

Customer Question

can i use my verizon Pantech with a surface pro 3, if so do I have to download software or is automatic upon start up.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Yes, you need software to interface your Surface Pro with a Verizon Pantech phone.

This is the page for the download... use the 'select your operation system' control at the bottom of the page, and so forth:

http://www.vzam.net/download/download.aspx

But, that is 'tethering' software. Do you wish to simply access all files on the Pantech, from your Surface Pro? If so, skip obtaining the tethering software, and just go to

This PC

or to

and see if the icon for the Pantech shows up there, if so, click your way into the Pantech there, and see if that gets you file access.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. We did download the manager, but the device did not link to the manager. We are going to try another device.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Try going to

This PC

or going to

and see if the Pantech shows up there. Let me know what happens, please. Thanks.