Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Can i use my verizon Pantech with a surface pro 3, if so do…

Customer Question
can i use my verizon...
can i use my verizon Pantech with a surface pro 3, if so do I have to download software or is automatic upon start up.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
3/9/2016
Cell Phone Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Yes, you need software to interface your Surface Pro with a Verizon Pantech phone.

This is the page for the download... use the 'select your operation system' control at the bottom of the page, and so forth:

http://www.vzam.net/download/download.aspx

But, that is 'tethering' software. Do you wish to simply access all files on the Pantech, from your Surface Pro? If so, skip obtaining the tethering software, and just go to

This PC

or to

and see if the icon for the Pantech shows up there, if so, click your way into the Pantech there, and see if that gets you file access.

Thank you. We did download the manager, but the device did not link to the manager. We are going to try another device.

Try going to

This PC

or going to

and see if the Pantech shows up there. Let me know what happens, please. Thanks.

Russell H., Service Tech