Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I can no longer receive e-mail on my phone. I receive the…

Customer Question
I can no longer receive...
I can no longer receive e-mail on my phone. I receive the "not up to date" error message. I received Error Code 80072FA8. Can you please help me fix this problem? Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
3/2/2016
Cell Phone Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi there,

Hi can you please e-mail me the response to my question. I don't want to sign up for a 7day free trial I want to pay one time for your service. Thank you.
I did not receive a response to my question. Do you need more information to provide a response? My credit card was charged, and I assuming this was an error, since I did not receive a response. Please advise. Thank you.

Sorry, my previous reply seems not to have gone through.

The error code 80072FA8 means that there is a connection problem.

The most common cause of this error is a problem with the APN settings so we will start there:

• First, please go to your phone and turn off your cellular data connection. Tap settings > mobile network/cellular > OFF.
  • With the data connection turned off, go to settings > Wi-Fi > find a local Wi-Fi connection and connect.
  • Once you are connected to the Wi-Fi, go to settings > emails + accounts > tap and hold the email you are trying to use > tap the sync option. If you see the words "attention required" at any point, let me know the details of that error.
  • Check your inbox for new emails and try to send an email from the current location. Let me know if it works?
Thanks for the response. I followed your instructions and now it indicates that my Yahoo Mail is not up-to-date. Any suggestions? Thank you.

If you are using the Yahoo Mail app and it is not up to date then you will need to download the latest version from the app store.

I see that you got past the first error ok.

Are you now fully updated?

Is there anything else I can do for you?

Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things turn out for you?

Don't forget to rate my help, it is how the site rewards me for my time...

Thanks!

Pete.