Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I have a AT&T Pantech cell phone. I 't know exactly how old…

Customer Question
I have a AT&T Pantech...
I have a AT&T Pantech cell phone. I don't know exactly how old it is but it's a flip-top, small, older pocketsized model. Every eight hours for the past year a notice appears and I must erase it to be able to use my phone. How do I get rid of this annoyance, or what needs to be done, if anything, to correct something?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
2/26/2016
Cell Phone Technician: littlerusty2005, Contractor replied 2 years ago
littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Contractor

Hello, my name is Rusty. What does the notice look like? Which messages are you having to erase?

There are two...one comes up and then another which I must erase for me to use the phone. It's every 8 hours so I will get back to you as soon as I can. I don't remember message exactly since it's such a routine for me now I just go through the motions of erasing...don't remember exact words.
First message says: "Communication in progress."
Second message says: "Session could not be established. Your phone will automatically retry the check for an
update in eight hours." The second message will keep me from using the phone unless I click it off.

Ok, look under the battery. What is the model number?

Pantech PBR-46A
DC11083013LP
I gave you the wrong numbers....sorry. Model #P2030.

Click here, and look at pages 21 and 22. Which symbol is showing?

I don't understand your question. When I looked at pgs. 21,22 there are columns of symbols. What am I looking for?
On the top bar of my phone screen there are four symbols. Bluetooth active, alarm set, 3G, and a sideview of sound alarm on.

The symbol that keeps popping up, which one is it in the pictures on page 21 and 22? If I know which symbol it is, I can get rid of it. You see that there are a lot of symbols, so trying to get rid of every one of them would be a bit tough.

No symbol keeps "popping up". The ones I listed are always on my screen. If you mean when the actual message is on my screen I will have to wait now till it comes on again. I haven't been aware of anything except the message, but now that you have brought my attention to it I will look for it. Would it be "blue tooth"? I have no knowledge of what that is, or if I am unknowingly using it or not... ??

Bluetooth is a wireless connection with other devices. You would know if you were using it or not. I need to know the message that you're talking about, and the symbol that goes with it.

Thanks for your patience. I was looking at the actual "messages" but on the screen above that there is a revolving red-line, circular logo...two arrows make up the logo, which are circular lines with two arrowheads, each attached to one end of each line, and touching each other, which forms the circle...with a hollow center. Then in lime green is says "Software..." . To the right of that are logos: Bluetooth, 3G, power bars, charge+- and that is all. I just thought that a better description of the red logo would be for you to, using a red crayon/pen, draw a circle. then half way around draw a small arrowhead attaching to the line...then halfway again draw another arrowhead facing in same direction as first one. Then imagine it revolving. It looks like a circle made up of two arrows revolving repeatedly in the same direction. I hope this helps. Then underneath this heading is the message "Session could not be......" that I gave you previously.

That's much better! Thank you. That symbol means it's trying to connect to the server for an update. In your menu settings, do you see an option to connect to your wireless network? That would be for your internet.

Grrrr. I had just finished listing the possible choices and their sub-titles and .... I lost the whole thing. And I just realized it might be easier to switch to chat mode. What say you?
Rusty, Hope you're ok. Haven't heard from you re us having a tel. conversation re the length of info I have to relate to you. I've been busy too, so it's ok.