Randy***** CellTech
Randy***** CellTech, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Cell Phone Expert
62741268

My phone randomly shut off and won't turn back on. It's

Customer Question

My phone randomly shut off and won't turn back on. It's fully charged as well. Is there a way to reboot it to where is was about 3 days ago?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Randy***** CellTech replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

You will need to determine if this is a firmware or hardware issue.

• If it is a hardware issue then the only option will be to get it repaired at an Apple store or smartphone repair center. If the iPhone is less than 12 months old you can get this done under the Apple warranty.
  • The only option to rule out the firmware in the iPhone will be a factory restore.
  • The process for restoring an iPhone begins by wiping the iPhone, which puts it into the same clean state it was when you first got it out of the box.
  • Please follow these steps,

• Connect the USB cable to the iPhone, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port.
  • press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
  • When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
  • When this screen appears you can release the Home button:

Then use iTunes to restore the iPhone.

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!