Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I have an iphone 5 and it's not working properly. It freezes…

Customer Question
I have an iphone 5...
I have an iphone 5 and it's not working properly. It freezes on me or shuts off.
sometimes i see double images of the same text. I take my phone off almost every
night so it can reboot. I don't get it. Is there someone I can talk to who can walk
me through some kind of reboot of my phone?
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/24/2016
Cell Phone Technician: Jason Jones, Cell Phone Tech. replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Cell Phone Tech.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I have seen similar problems with the iPhones thousands of times. You will have to restore the iPhone to a base firmware install, which will erase everything on the iPhone, but you can later restore the contents of the iPhone to a backup that you have on the computer (the same computer you used in the past to sync the phone with):
- You will need to have the iTunes application installed first. If you do not have it, you can download it for free from the following site: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
- Connect the iPhone to the computer that you have been using the phone and iTunes with
Option 1: In the Summary tab, click Restore and follow the prompts. (THIS WILL ERASE everything on the iPhone and make it just as it was when you first purchased the phone).
Option 2: Click the button on the top right of the iTunes window for your (iPhone) and then click the Restore button.
- Once that is complete, right click the iPhone listing in the left panel of the iTunes window
- Choose "Restore from Backup"
- Choose a backup date and restore.

Now your iPhone will be back up and have all the restored information from your last sync.

If you wish, I can remote into your system and do this for you.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.