Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

I activated a go phone with my ATT account for **********.

Customer Question
I activated a go...
I activated a go phone with my ATT account for **********. Now I can't access the gophone.-- either for making or receiving calls.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cell Phones
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can be reached at(###) ###-####for the next two hours.
2/23/2016
Cell Phone Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Technician

`Hi there and welcome

When you say you cannot access the phone, what do you exactly mean with this Ruth? It is frozen and not responsive?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no dial tone.

Thanks,

Its a home phone or a cell phone Ruth and which make and model?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a cell phone. At&t basic Go Phone.

Thanks

Whats the make and model of the phone you have please as Go Phone is the contract type.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
AT&T Z222.

Thank you for that Ruth

Can you remove the battery from the phone please which you do by removing the back cover.

Wait 5 minutes

Connect the battery again, put the back cover on and turn on the phone.

tell me if you can then make a call please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Battery out.

thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Neither long distance cellphone call or local land line call went through.

And what do people hear when they call you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know. I will test now.

thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The cellphone on the other end of my call did not ring when I dialed from cellphone. I couldn't reach the local call recipient, but was able to get through to the recipient's voicemail when I called from my home phone.

sorry I do not exactly understand the message, whats the problem cells phone number and ill make a test call

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My old cellphone number is(###) ###-#### The cell phone number which I called and spoke to about the matter is(###) ###-#### ***** local landline is(###) ###-####

I called(###) ###-####but got wrong number

You sure thats it?

did you just answer it? and told someone wrong number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's not my cell phone number. It's a third party. My cell phone number is(###) ###-####

Ruth, I asked please, what is the phone number of the cell phone with the problem?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a new cellphone which doesn't work, either making or receiving telephone calls. Yesterday I communicated by telephone with customer service and an instore visit about a cellphone with that number which was lost on Friday, Feb 19th. There was an ancillary issue about a Smartphone which had been mailed to me by ATT on Jan. 29th. The old Smartphone has not been found. When I call that number, the call seems to go through and I can collect messages from it. I was instructed by ATT yesterday to purchase a basic phone and call ATT back to transfer the number. I did so today and spoke with someone whose name, I believe, was David. He said that he had activated my new phone and transferred the number. He also said that the new ATT monthly rate would be lower than I had been paying previously.

Thanks

So the cell phone with this issue has phone number(###) ###-####correct? I just need to be sure so I can call it and see what happens Ruth

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The cell phone I have in my hand has no response. Somewhere, there is a cellphone with(###) ###-####which has an answering machine that works. I have no clue as to where that phone is.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I could call ATT back to confirm my understanding of our call this morning. Would that be the easiest way to solve the problem? Or at least, part one of the problem?

ok, I just called your number and it does go to voicemail, I just needed to confirm.

To be sure, have you put the SI card from AT&T in your phone?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The SIM was in the phone when I received it from the merchant.

ok, needed to ensure, then the issue is nothing to do with the phone, it is with the account on the servers.

It appears they are directing it to the wrong sim card.

You will have to call on 1(###) ###-####as it is not a phone issue.

Explain the phone is functioning and that any issues have been ruled out, it is on and ready but the calls go straight to voicemail and it cannot make calls indicating they are blocking it from the network. Either they will then refresh the account or replace the sim card if they see on the system as this at fault. But this is what you will need to do sorry Ruth.

I will though mark this question to never close, so any issues at all, let me know here this is no problem.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.

Thank you

Richard, Technician