Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Nokia Lumia 1020 - Camera has been inconsistent months now!

Customer Question

Nokia Lumia 1020 - Camera has been inconsistent for many months now! It seems to be pretty good with close up/macro shots, but very blurry and out of focus for medium and long range shots. I was always very impressed with the picture quality from the 1020 for the first year or so that I had the Nokia Lumia 1020. The main reason for buying it in the first place!
My wife has the 1020 also and her pictures are way sharper than mine now!
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It would appear that the camera part of the Nokia Lumia model in question, is defective at either estimating how to focus, or at longer ranges. Or perhaps it simply has developed a sort of 'nearsightedness', for whatever reason.

Is it still less than a year old? it sounds as if it isn't.

If it isn't, it's a choice between having it serviced (probably just to replace the camera part of it), at your expense if it is out of the warranty period, unfortunately... and replacing it, or giving up on its being a good camera device.

If you want, you could try

1. backing up all data of yours, that are stored on it, onto an external device (e.g. hooking it up to a computer and syncing its data to the computer)

2. doing a data-wipe-and-factory-reset, and seeing if that does anything for the camera on it.