Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

My tracfone keeps restarting and I can't call or text or…

Customer Question
My tracfone keeps restarting...

My tracfone keeps restarting and I can't call or text or really anything! My name is ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It is an LG Tracfone that I have had a few years. I received a text yesterday. After that it does this thing where it acts like it is turning on after being off, but that it all it does, over and over. I have taken the battery out, put it back in and that doesn't work

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
2/10/2016
Cell Phone Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It may be that it is 'broken' (in point of having defective hardware, it may be that the operating system on it is corrupted.

Can you turn it Off so that it stays Off? if so, do so overnight, first of all, in case it is merely suffering from a temporary case of zapped electronics e.g. from static discharge.

(If it doesn't stay Off, then it may have a jammed Power button. Or similarly be defective in the Power button being prone to trigger.)

Then it may also have a corrupted OS. If it is an Android phone, a factory reset might cure that... but, if you have data on the phone that you want to save, it would be best to copy the data off onto another device, first, before doing a factory reset.

If you want to try a factory reset, please let me know what model of LG phone it is, and I will give you the factory reset procedure.