Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
32989067

We have an older flip phone by LG and sold by USCellular. It

Customer Question

We have an older flip phone by LG and sold by USCellular. It was purchased about 5 years ago. Biggest problem is the amount of times it rings. It is only 4 times and the woman is in her 80s and has a problem getting the phone open in time to answer. Is there a way to increase the number of rings. Also what additional info do you need. thank you
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for the model name of the LG phone?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where would you find that info, have checked menu. I can get info on phone but none of the info looks like a model

Take the battery out of the phone and look at the label on the back of the phone. Which model is listed there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model UX310

Thank you for the update. In the manual for this phone, I cannot find any way to change the number of rings as you wish.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for two things. First showing me how to get the model number of the phone. I now also have the manual. Also how your system works. I have opted for no monthly usage.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

This is done by the provider not the phone, as its the providers switch that switches it to voicemail over a x amount of rings.

Call them on 1(###) ###-####and request if they can increase the amount of rings before it goes to voicemail for you.

Let me know please how you go.