Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

By accident I dropped my phone in a bowl of water and

Customer Question
Hi, by accident I...

Hi, by accident I dropped my phone in a bowl of water and although it was in for less then 2 seconds and seemed to be dry after I dried it, everything does work on the phone except the headphone symbol is on and I have to connect earphones to make and receive calls. I have read what you put about moisture damaging it, do I have to take it for repair or is there anything I can do, this only happened this am and will it do dry out and reset itself???? hoping so :/ louse

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

When I took phone out of water I dried it, and when I put battery back in headphones symbol on and phone rings but cannot answer without putting headphones in. .

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/20/2016
Cell Phone Technician: Michael, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

What you can do is remove the battery and the battery cover. Place the phone into a paper bag with about two cups of instant rice dry!

Close the bag and cover the phone with the dry rice. For three days shake the bag a little and wait. That shoudl which out all the moisture so your phone will work again;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.

There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you..

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael

Thank you

Tech Michael