Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

I dropped my phone and it shut off I try starting it and it

Customer Question
i dropped my phone and...
i dropped my phone and it shut off
I try starting it and it just restarts doesn't turn on
what do I do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
it only turns on while charging but not all the way on
just the white page with a black apple keeps reappearing
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/16/2016
Cell Phone Technician: John T. F., Mac Druid replied 2 years ago
John T. F., Mac Druid

How do you normally back up this iPhone?

Thanks,

Itunes?

Thanks,

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > Software Update (or “Apple Store” for OS X 10.9 users) > Check now to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

Disconnect all cables from your Apple device.

Open iTunes on the computer

Turn off the device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until the device completely shuts off).

Press and hold the Home button. While holding the Home button, connect your device to the computer running iTunes. (If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on.)

Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.

iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, then restore the device.

It may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud, you should choose iTunes in this case.

As long as there is no physical damage then this should get you back up and running again. If it fails with an error then the iPhone will likely require repair.

My phone shows to connect to iTunes while it's plugged into the power outlet. The computers don't read my phone.

I'm sorry but I have been sick the last few days. Do you still need help with this?

John T. F., Mac Druid