Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

I am behind the times and still have an old LG flip phone. I

Customer Question

I am behind the times and still have an old LG flip phone. I have a few text messages saved on my phone and need to print them off. I have tried plugging it into my computer in order to download them but it takes me through downloading the program that appears to be what I would need to open it and copy them but it won't work. I am not that great with computers anyway so am in need of help.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  dukey01 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Robin. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

With the phone plugged in to your computer, click Start and open My Computer.

In the My Computer window do you see your phone listed among the entries?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Byron, no it isn't there.
Expert:  dukey01 replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Can you tell me the name of the program you downloaded?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what it was but it said that it had to be downloaded in order to make the new hardware work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to sign into my computer? I might would like to start the free trial if that was possible. I am older and computers and electronics just aren't my thing.
Expert:  dukey01 replied 1 year ago.

I can. You don't need to sign up for a subscription.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It isn't necessary for you to send me the text messages each time. I live out in the country and the house is between towers so I can't call and talk and sit by my computer. I can see your comments so the text isn't important.
Expert:  dukey01 replied 1 year ago.

Those are automated emails from JustAnswer generated when a reply is made. I get the same ones in my inbox when you reply to me.

Can you tell me the model number of your phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where would that be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is just a Verizon LG flip phone. Terribly antiquated I'm afraid.
Expert:  dukey01 replied 1 year ago.

If it's not recorded on a label on the phone itself you would need to open the menu and look through the entries for one

that would contain that information. I'm not sure what term Verizon would use.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh I took the battery out and it is a Model #LG-UN150
Expert:  dukey01 replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Let me see what I can find about it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you see my question about whether you could just go on my computer yourself and fix the phone problem and any others that I might have?
Expert:  dukey01 replied 1 year ago.

Yes I can connect remotely but I won't be able to do that for 30 minutes. Can I contact you then on this page?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would that make it easier to get the text problem resolved? Will I have to just sit here and watch the screen for 30 minutes and is that going to be a huge charge? I need these text messages to take to court so this is a huge problem for me if I can't get them done tonight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Long story short, I had my husband's truck rebuilt and the company charge me for $7000 worth of work that I paid for but they didn't actually do. I sent them a text message asking them to bring a roll back to pick the truck up where it had broken down on my way home with it from the shop. I had taken my computer to a computer shop and when I got it back home I couldn't get it to go online. It kept saying that I needed to use an old dial-up system. So, it is screwed up as well. I have been dealing with the truck issue and just haven't had time to take the computer back. Now they say I have waited to long and that they didn't do anything to it. Just hasn't been my month!!! That is why I ask about you being able to take control of it so that you could maybe fix both while you were on here!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did I lose you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you send me the unclaimed offer that is showing on the bottom left of my page that says, "Remote Tech Support" and when you hover over it is says it is from Reimage that scans and repairs your computer? I guess I am confused. Am I suppose to be waiting the 30 minutes at this point or are you still working on the Verizon info?
Expert:  dukey01 replied 1 year ago.

I apologize. I've had something come up that requires my immediate attention. I'll open this up to the other experts online now.

You'll receive an email notification when one responds.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email doesn't work half the time. I can't wait 24 hours.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

This is a different expert

Do you still require assistance with this? Please let me know.