Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers, Electronics, and Cell and Mobile Technology
23511658

Motorola gleam does not give me the input window to insert

Customer Question

motorola gleam does not give me the input window to insert the unlocking code
the person before me must have inserted wrong code 3 times?
how can I know insert the code I have got from motorola?
Category: Cell Phones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have tried the resetting option and this does not work, found out that by holding the 0 key I can get the letters p and w to appear but do no know if this is relevent
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
phone has been left on for over 24 hrs with different sim in and still no change, just says sim blocked
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hhello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

When the phone says that the Sim is blocked, that means that a wrong code has been entered in it multiple times. So your assumption is most likely correct. The way you can rectify this is by getting an unlock code from the carrier it's called a PUK. It is separate from a Sim unlock code. So when you contact the carrier, make it clear to them that you are looking for a PUK.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
already have a puk code and an unlocking code from Motorola, but how can you input these codes if your phone does not ask for them? that is my original question which I asked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The puk code I have is for the sim That works.. that is the vodafone sim. which is accepted by the phone
I wanted to use another company's sim in this phone.
But when another sim is inserted it says sim blocked, how can the PUK code for the vodafone sim work for another sim?????
I have unlocking codes from Motorola but as I said before Not asked to put them in when a non vodafone sim is inserted
I have not got an answer to my question

There are two types of unlocks. First, the PHONE must be SIM unlocked to use with a different provider. If you have not unlocked the phone yet, you must do that by contacting the original provider. If that step is not taken, then phone will not be usable with this SIM.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right I have received two codes one the PUK from the provider, and the unlocking code from Motorola
but no window appears on the phone when either sim is inserted, so how do you insert the codes when the phone never asks for them?
That really is my original question

It may be permanently locked, but you can try **05* then the PUK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that too thank you , as you have not really answer my question but have tried too, please my I have a full refund
thanks

Why would you not have told me what you already tried, and then tell me at each step "I tried that". Please rate my level of service with the OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT rating icons so I will be compensated for the time I spent helping you at your request.

The answer is the answer. I don't make it up. If you already knew the answer, then it is a bit unfair to ask me to spend time giving it to you, and then when I give you the correct information, tell me you don't want to pay me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LOOK I AM Grateful for your attempts to answer my question but it was never answered ( please check question below?I am more than happy to rate you..Motorola gleam does not give me the input window to insert the unlocking code, the person before me must have inserted wrong code 3 times? HOW CAN I NOW INSERT THE CODE I HAVE GOT FROM MOTOROLA?

**05*

If it is possible to unlock the phone entering that and then the PUK code will unlock it.

Thank you. I appreciate your offer to rate my. Please rate using the OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT rating icons. Thank you!