Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
32989067

I need to unlock my husbands htc phone who has passed away

Customer Question

i need to unlock my husbands htc phone who has passed away however I cannot affort to lose data
Category: Cell Phones
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been told that the phone can be reset however I will lose everything. I just want to unlock the passcode so that I can access his contacts and photos of our babies
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Hi there and welcome

At the risk of getting a negative rating from you, and to answer your question as it appears no one will due to the fact that it just is not possible sorry.

The whole point of the lock is to protect the data. If you could just bypass it, there would be no point to the lock.

When a bug is discovered to get past the lock such as the Samsung S2 had, then a patch is released in dates to block this, so any method is not available

I know you do not want to hear this and I can completely understand, but you have to reset the phone if you wish to use it again, you cannot avoid this.

I ask to take into consideration when rating my service that I cannot change this and can only tell you the correct answer, and at least now you have closure on it and understand its not possible.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you