How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Hannigan Your Own Question
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Cell Phone Technician
Category: Cell Phones
Satisfied Customers: 11732
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers, Electronics, and Cell and Mobile Technology
Type Your Cell Phones Question Here...
Michael Hannigan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dustin please help me straight talk is driving me crazy. I'll

Customer Question

Dustin please help me straight talk is driving me crazy. I'll try to give you the short version. Purchased a byop for a GS4. Worked for two weeks and stopped reading sim altogether. Phone can read any other carrier sim. ST sends replacement sim. Tech can't activate it on my phone so I try ST website. They have me registered to two different accounts and the worst part is the new sim has been registered to a "typoed" email that isn't even mine. So I can't get in. What to do? Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Cell Phones
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any tech! Straight talk sim hell please!
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. It sounds like the Sim here is the problem. Initially it sounds like you received a defective stem for straight talk but then somehow receive another Sim that was registered to someone else? That is really odd, but if this the case, then there is no way you can fix it the Sim cards are provisioned by the carrier only and they probably will not be able to provision the Sim card that had been provision under someone else's name. I would either have straight talk and send you a new Sim card directly, or go to a store like Walmart that sells them and buy a new straight talk Sim card. Then register that new Sim card and I think a be all set. If you have any questions or if this does not work as expected, please let me know and I will provide additional help. Mike