Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

Good afternoon,If I received a pocket dial that left a distorted voice

Customer Question
Good afternoon, If I received a...
Good afternoon,
If I received a pocket dial that left a distorted voicemail where I can understand some of it but cannot make out the entire message, is there a way to either amplify the voice or have it converted to text?
Thanks,
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
7/18/2015
Cell Phone Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The voice recording, if you put it on a Windows computer, can be amplified and made louder, by putting it through the Windows program 'Sound Recorder' (where the VM file is on the computer in the WAV sound file format) and amplifying it there, by using the Increase Volume command in Sound Recorder's menus. Note: this applies to Sound Recorder versions preceding Windows 8's, which does not have the amplify function any more, that I can tell.
Windows XP's Sound Recorder, or Windows 98's, would work for this purpose, as would Windows 7's, I think.
As to how you would get the recording off your phone and onto a computer... it depends upon what sort of phone you have. For various phones, it can be done various ways.
If I have an iPhone 5, how would I get it from my phone to the computer?
What computer do you have? a Windows PC, or an Apple computer?
Windows PC
iExplorer or DiskAid will extract VM messages directly from your iPhone, once you attach it to the PC via a cable. Would you like further instructions, in more detail?
If you wouldn't mind I would greatly appreciate detailed instruction. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Anyway I can pay you to get on the phone and help me out with this? Really need some help with this as I've got a huge issue I need to get resolved. Your detailed attention to this is very much needed and appreciated.Thank you,Matt Rich
I unfortunately cannot provide that level of detail in support of iExplorer or DiskAid, and must Opt Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.
Cell Phone Technician: Dustin, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Technician
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
There's two critical steps to trying to interpret the pocket dialed voice message.
Step one. Downloading the file from your phone.
Step two. Interpreting the file.
For downloading the file. This page contains a detailed step by step process, and shows the programs needed to do so.
http://www.howtogeek.com/141164/how-to-backup-iphone-voicemails-to-mp3/
The reason you need to download the file onto your computer is because once you have the file on your computer. You can then begin to *transcribe* it. You may need to use programs like audacity or garageband to try and reduce background noise or raise the voice levels. And thats a very technical field & process that cannot be easily explained.
You could consider a professional transcription service that can transcribe the mp3 file ( the voicemail you downloaded )
Here are two options
https://www.transcribe.com/
And http://www.transcriptionwave.com/mp3.html
The second is more expensive, but more likely to be able to transcribe the file rather then just writing out "inaudible" and the time stamps.
If you have any further questions or concerns, let me know.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Dustin, Technician