Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I can not remember my password ***** unlock my phone, it is a…

Customer Question
I can not remember my...
I can not remember my password ***** unlock my phone, it is a Samsung prevail
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
6/28/2015
Cell Phone Technician: Randy***** CellTech, Cell Phone Technician replied 2 years ago
Randy***** CellTech
Randy***** CellTech, Cell Phone Technician
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I am sorry to hear that happened.
If you have a google account connected to the phone you can use android device manager to reset the password>>go to..https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
then sign in with your google account and password. Then choose lock, then google will ask you to create a new password. Then you can use that password ***** unlock your screen on the Samsung.
If you can not do the above you will have to do a factory restore on the phone> Please follow these steps>
Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then reinsert the battery.
Then press and hold Volume up, Home and Power buttons until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
Scroll to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.
Press the Power button.
Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data by pressing the Volume down button.
Press the Power button.
The phone will now wipe all contents.
Press the Power button.
The phone will now reboot to the initial setup screen.
it didn't work google never asked for a new password ***** I don't want to lose anything
okay, were you able to choose lock on the android device manager screen?
it says..... setup lock and erase
okay, choose lock, then google will ask you to create a new password. Then you can use that password ***** unlock your screen on the Samsung
it doesn't ask me to create a new password *****
okay, does the Device manager locate the Samsung phone?
yes
okay, how many times have you entered the wrong password ***** the Samsung?
105
okay, unfortunately those are the only options available. The Android device manager usually works.
Randy***** CellTech
Randy***** CellTech