Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I had a very brief power shortage. All devices resumed to…

Customer Question
I had a very brief...
I had a very brief power shortage. All devices resumed to normal with exception to my Verizon Network Extender. Tried unplugging and re-plugging both power and connection to router-wifi. Can't locate any kind of re-set button. What to do next?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/22/2015
Cell Phone Technician: Dustin, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Technician
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Whats the full name brand and model of your Verizon network extender?
Samsung Verizon Network Extender
My apologies for the delay, I had written a much longer reply twice and attempted to send it, but it doesnt appear to have went through.
To continue, I need to know the status of these four lights on the extender.
Power System GPS WAN
Thank you,
Dustin S.
None are blue.
Are any of them red? Or are all the lights off completely?
They fluctuate. Top will go to blue for a while, Then back to magenta. Usually top thre are magenta, bottom is red.
Understood. Im assuming that right now, the extender has been powered on and not unplugged for at least 15 minutes.. As for the first 15 minutes, the lights will alternate and flash magenta, blue, and off in succession as the device is making all the proper connections. If the device hasnt been on for 15-25 minutes solid without being unplugged, let me know. If it has been on longer then 25 minutes.. It sounds like the power drop damaged the device.. You may be able to have verizon swap it out.. Less than 1 year since purchaseThe device will be replaced at no cost. If it's been more than 15 days since purchase, it'll be replaced with a Certified Like-New Replacement (a like unit or one of comparable quality).Call(###) ###-####from a phone other than the one you're experiencing a problem with (toll-free from a landline phone) or visit a Verizon Wireless store to verify your eligibility. if you have further questions, let me know. Dustin S.
Dustin, Technician