Thomas
Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Ready to assist with your Cellular devices
62924203

Why does my Motorola atrix 860 keep rebooting?

Customer Question

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your phone. Sounds like it is stuck in a permanent boot loop. The only way to fix it unfortunately is to restore the phone to factory settings.
WARNING: Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. When using this feature; information you have programmed in the handset, i.e. apps downloaded through the Market, Contacts, Email and Social network Accounts is deleted, however, nothing stored on the Internal Storage Memory or MicroSD (if available), i.e., pictures, music, videos, etc. will be affected.
The steps for the recovery differ depending on what software version you have. Try the steps for Froyo first, and if this isn't working, try the steps for Gingerbread below.
(Steps on Froyo 2.2)
To perform an External Manual Reset of your handset to restore to factory settings, read instructions below and then perform.
1. Power off the phone, press and hold volume down button, press power button.
2. Screen will come up with "Fastboot", press Vol down key to cycle through choices until you get "Android Recovery", then press Vol up key
3. Wait for the "triangle ! / Android" screen then go on to step 4
4. Tap on bottom right corner of the screen (may take a few times). A menu will come up
5. Tap on "wipe data/factory reset", and tap OK. Another Confirmation screen will come. Tap Yes and OK
6. After userdata is cleared, the "reboot system now" option will be highlighted by Default. Tap OK.
7. Phone will reboot to initial setup MOTOBLUR screen.
(Steps on Gingerbread 2.3)
1. Power off the phone, press and hold the Volume down button and Power button simultaneously while powering up the unit.
2. Screen will come up with "Fastboot" at the top of the screen, press Volume down key to cycle through choices until you get "Android Recovery", then press Volume up key to boot in this mode
4. Press both Volume up and Volume down key simultaneously. A Recovery Menu will come up
5. Tap on Volume down key until "wipe data/factory reset" is highlighted, and tap Power button. Another Confirmation screen will come. Tap on Volume down key until coming to Yes and tap Power button
After userdata is cleared, the "reboot system now" option will be highlighted by Default. Tap Power button
6. Phone will reboot to initial setup MOTOBLUR screen.
Once you get your phone on again, sign into your google account to sync your contacts and apps. Reply if you get stuck anywhere.