Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I received a Samsung S150G Tracfone in March, but have not

Customer Question

I received a Samsung S150G Tracfone in March, but have not used it. I received an email from Tracfone telling me that my service would end in 7 days unless I added minutes, which I did online. The transaction went through. The battery is fully charged, but the screen is blank. I called Tracfone and a recorded message said to turn on the phone. I don't think it is on, and I don't know how to turn it on.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
Remove the battery for a few minutes to help reset the phone, then reinsert the battery and plug in the charger and try to turn the phone on again by pressing and holding the power button.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did what you suggested, but still a blank screen on the phone. I pushed and held the "OK" button. Is that the power button? I can't see any other button on the phone that looks like a power button.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Yes, the OK button is the Power on/off button.
If pressing and holding it doesn't turn the display on, but you can hear the startup chime, then the display has failed and will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I resolved the issue. The power button is called the "Power/End". It is to the right of the OK button.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Glad to hear you got it sorted!
Best,
Pete.