Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

I can only get the phone to vibrate or call... No

Customer Question
I can only get the...
I can only get the phone to vibrate for text or call... No ringing. Phone updated a few days ago at carrier - before it had an eratic buzzing and flashing silent with the speaker sign. But after update it worked up til Monday, then all of a sudden no ringing. I changed ringtones to default as had them on special tones. And had gone back to carrier and they couldn't help not that they tried very hard or long. I checked to make sure do not disturb setting is on. And the switch that would silent phone is not on.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
5/6/2015
Cell Phone Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Technician
Thanks for your question. My name is Richard.
Can you tell me please the make and model of the phone please?
Thank you

It is an iPhone 5S.

Richard,

Thanks for taking the question. My name is***** have made sure that the 'do not disturb' setting is not on. Also, the mute button is not on or lit up.

I attempted to shut off phone to see if that might reboot the system. No go. I have looked at everything pertaining to sound....I made sure all tones that had been set up reverted back to default. My phone can play music or anything off of the internet.

I can connect to bluetooth, have not had anyone call or text to see if it sounds.

I had relayed to my carrier that earlier this year my screen had been cracked and replaced. It was difficult for company to complete the fix, and a thicker screen was applied. I do notice now that the Otter case is removed that the screen is a bit raised near the top right button used to turn phone off. The carrier had advised me to try someone nearby to check the phone out. Unfortunately, the company I was sent to told me the phone could not be opened up as one of the screws only turns and will not come out.

I have looked things up on the internet for some help - I powered phone off to see if that would help; made sure contacts have default ring tone instead of what I had set them up with; attempted 'Assistive touch.' I am curious if under the sounds part if Lock sounds and Keyboard clicks should be on. They are currently on, but no sound emerges when I use keyboard or dial, use the camera or shut screen off.

Carrier had said if sent in by them cost could be $400!

I see lots of folks having this issue with different versions of iPhone - wondering if my case is special or is this an issue where the phone maker has not taken care of an ongoing issue?

Trying not to feel exasperated.

Jennifer

just now - - Blue tooth with stereo stops when call comes in, but phone still not sounding.

Thanks Jennifer
Can you please hold the power and home button on the iPhone for about 10 seconds until the apple logo appears, then release the buttons.
Let the iPhone restart and check if it now functions correctly.
Let me know the results please
Thank you
Richard, Technician