Cell Phones

I have had to give up a landline phone due to constant

Hi, I have had to...
Hi, I have had to give up a landline phone due to constant gd calls from telemarketers, 5 to 10 calls per day. I have registered for the do not call list almost every month, even having to set up new emails/accounts because I exceed the maximum number
of times I can register the number. This does not seem to help. I live in an area with poor... Read full answer
of times I can register the number. This does not seem to help. I live in an area with poor cell phone reception but am considering using a cell phone as my main phone to try to stop this problem with telemarketers. To complicate the situation, I am hearing
impaired and need to use a landline type of phone in order to utilize an amplifier to help me hear on the phone. What I envision is using a mobile phone that can connect to a passive (not active) antenna which then connects somehow to my landline phone. This
system would allow me to h ear on the phone, avoid telemarketers and the antenna would hopefully provide usable reception. Please do not answer unless you have put thought into my question, considered all of the requirements and have a workable solution. I
strongly prefer to use T-Mobile as a phone carrier service. Thank you
4/25/2015
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Cell Phone Technician
Hello. Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question. There are products that will take care of the landline handset with the mobile phone. For Example, Phonelabs makes a dock - http://bitli.es/5R6aPcIt would work well with T-Mobile. In fact, T-Mobile offers Wi-Fi calling. What this means is that if you get a T-Mobile phone that has Wi-Fi calling, when you are at home on your Wi-Fi Network, the signal for your T-Mobile phone will go over your WiFi connection - so you can use it regardless of whether or not there is a cell tower near you. And the call quality is fantastic. Still strictly a mobile phone/account, but potentially a huge benefit to using T-Mobile for you.
Thank you. The wifi calling would require a data plan correct? I would only be using the phone service. I like the dock n talk device, but I am not sure it this addresses the poor reception issue. I would like to use a t mobile phone connected to a passive antenna and also have the phone connected to the dock n talk. If this is possible, could you suggest a phone that will
-work on tmobile's network
-has a port for an external passive antenna
-will work properly with the dock n talk?Thank you
In the Wi-Fi calling with T-Mobile does not require a data plan. It is strictly related to voice. As long as the device you purchase is compatible with Wi-Fi calling, you will have access to Wi-Fi calling on the T-Mobile network.
If you decide for some reason that you do not want to use the Wi-Fi calling, you could use a passive repeater which, if you don't have a strong signal, T-Mobile will probably provide. If you purchase it on your own, you would have to be aware of what frequencies your local tower uses to make sure that you purchased the correct one. They are also fairly expensive to purchase. But in most cases if not all, T-Mobile will give you one if you need it to get reception in your home.
What phone you get will depend on how much of a geek you are basically. For example, I would get the Galaxy S6 edge, but if it's something you are just needing for the utility of having phone, then any T-Mobile phone with Wi-Fi calling capability would be sufficient.
There is another product they offer called personal cell spot. For Simple Choice post-paid customers, the Personal CellSpot is available at no additional cost.
T-Mobile has a wide array of Wi-Fi enabled phones. Here is a list of them
http://bitli.es/4VEjzA
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Cell Phone Technician
Awesome, thank you
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a shingles roof on my house.I want to install sheet
I have a shingles roof on my house.I want to install sheet metal.Is this going to interfere with the reception of my cell phone? I notice some people with metal roofs Don't get good reception,if any.… read more
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan
Senior IT Support Specialist,
Information Technology Management / Computer Science
I live in a very remote area and can't find a cell phone
I live in a very remote area and can't find a cell phone that works well here. I've tried Verizon, Sprint, Straight Talk and Boost Mobile. I've had Boost Mobile for 18 months. At first it worked great… read more
Samuel White
Samuel White
Owner and Expert Tech,
I do not get cell reception here and don't use apps. The
I do not get cell reception here and don't use apps. The number is ***** my landline. Now what?… read more
William Dishman
William Dishman
Store/sales manager,
Stop searching for answers—
We are having difficulty at home with connection and
We are having difficulty at home with connection and transmission dependability on our Verizon cell phones. We have a metal roof on the house and believe that it is our problem. Does Verizon have an i… read more
Yvette
Yvette
Bachelor of Science
I have 2 problems: 1- I ordered LG TERRA on 1/13/16 &
I have 2 problems: 1- I ordered LG TERRA on 1/13/16 & received it yesterday. There is no User Guide included which I very much need. 2- The landline phone I have is not working. It says, "No Line". I … read more
Senior Engineer,
grand kid trac says no serv available.always works here when
grand kid trac says no serv available.always works here when comes from seattle called and texted before she came down. now no calls or texts go thru. NO SERVICE AVAILBLE...she has 674 minutes left. m… read more
Senior Engineer,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Hello. The Electric company just replaced some utility poles,
Hello. The Electric company just replaced some utility poles, our house sits in between 2 of the new poles, the old poles had wooden supports for all the wires . the new supports are metal.since the r… read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Cell Phone Technician,
Bachelor's Program
I recently purchased my third iPhone with ATT&T service. I
I recently purchased my third iPhone with ATT&T service. I was always able to deceive and make calls in my downstairs office (below ground level) without any problems. I am unable to get calls easily … read more
IT Manager,
My cell # XXXXX XXXXX I have had the phone and service
My cell # XXXXX XXXXX I have had the phone and service for a little over 2 weeks. i have been back to the store 3 times. 1-the phone has either 1 or none strenght bars. can this be increased? 2- when … read more
IT Manager,
I have a verizon landline that gets no regional or long distance
I have a verizon landline that gets no regional or long distance service. I want to call Japan. I have a cell phone and I have Google Voice. How can I use Google Voice to call Japan from my landline?… read more
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
We own a two story wood frame (stucco exterior) office building
We own a two story wood frame (stucco exterior) office building at 1550 El Camino Real, Menlo Park Ca 94025. There is a major real estate firm in the building and many of the agents use AT&T for the c… read more
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
We have 2 tracfones -----we have a cell phone tower in back
We have 2 tracfones -----we have a cell phone tower in back yard---cell service is poor & sometimes none existant. The cell tower is verizon 7 my tracfone service comes of a different tower. Can tracf… read more
TGTtechsupport
TGTtechsupport
Electronics Team Member,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a Samsung T155G cell phone that when I receive a call,
I have a Samsung T155G cell phone that when I receive a call, sometimes I can hear the other side or cutting in and out on the reception. Is there anyway I can test the phone, or what can I do?… read more
IT Manager,
I have an LG cell phone service with straight talk which uses
I have an LG cell phone service with straight talk which uses Sprint towers. At my office or in the area I get good reception at my home not very good reception. My neighbor has Sprit service and they… read more
IT Manager,
Hi, I live up in northern MN and have AT&T. Its perfect
Hi, I live up in northern MN and have AT&T. It's perfect reception outside but the house has a metal roof so there is a very weak signal inside. My "solution" for several years has been to use old Mot… read more
AAS Information Technology
Hi, I have a Samsung f480i and my daughter has a f480. We
Hi, I have a Samsung f480i and my daughter has a f480. We both have the same issue so we a feel possitive it is not a fault with the phone. Problem: When you dial a land line and you are asked to pres… read more
Richard S.
Richard S.
Accounts and Device Specialist,
Comparing Kyoceras newer Jax 1300 phone versus their older
Comparing Kyocera's newer Jax 1300 phone versus their older "Oyster", which is the better quality phone,engenering and component's considered? Just used for basic phone calls.… read more
Richard S.
Richard S.
Accounts and Device Specialist,
blackberry 8320 makes a buzzing noise when I am talking to
blackberry 8320 makes a buzzing noise when I am talking to someone it is louder for them than me… read more
Cellphoneguru
Cellphoneguru
Technical Support Technician,