Cell Phones

I want to buy a new Samsung S5 phone and online and activate…

I want to buy a...
I want to buy a new Samsung S5 phone and online and activate it with a prepaid service provider such as straight talk. I know If buy so I can activate it with a sim card with straight talk, ill get service from either AT&T or T-Mobil towers and I want to avoid that because I do not get good reception AT&T or T-Mobile in my area. should I buy... Read full answer
I want to buy a new Samsung S5 phone and online and activate it with a prepaid service provider such as straight talk. I know If buy so I can activate it with a sim card with straight talk, ill get service from either AT&T or T-Mobil towers and I want to avoid that because I do not get good reception AT&T or T-Mobile in my area. should I buy the phone so that it is CDMA and not a GSM phone? so that I can activate it with straight talk to be able to get service from Verizon towers? (Verizon has excellent coverage in my area)
1/13/2015
Randy***** CellTech
Randy***** CellTech, Cell Phone Technician
,
My name is***** will assist you.
Yes, that will work. Purchase a Samsung Galaxy 5 CDMA phone and you can activate it with Straight Talk's Bring your Own Phone CDMA program.
Randy***** CellTech
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Got an Ipad and a Galaxy cell phone from Verizon this year.
Got an Ipad and a Galaxy cell phone from Verizon this year. Thinking of changing carriers. Which carriers can utilize these devices? Sprint, T-Mobile, Att, etc.?… read more
I have a lg ultimate 2 LG L41C phone. Tracphone sent me a
I have a lg ultimate 2 LG L41C phone. Tracphone sent me a new sim, They said I need it. I am trying to replace the Sim. The bacK of phone is off. The battery is out. I canot find the sim card to remov… read more
Can I use the latest products iphone6s and Samsung Galaxy s6
Can I use the latest products iphone6s and Samsung Galaxy s6 (Carrier Verizon) in other other countries by changing out the SIM card?… read more
Stop searching for answers—
Hi, I have a Samsung s5 from a Canadian carrier (bell) and
Hi, I have a Samsung s5 from a Canadian carrier (bell) and I am wanting to register it on Verizon so when I travel in the states I have better coverage (currently bell roams with at&t and the coverage… read more
Waitongu2
Waitongu2
Sr. Application Support Eng,
Will the following verizon phones work on the T-mobile network
Will the following verizon phones work on the T-mobile network without restriction ? Samsung s4, s5, HTC one and Iphone 5c… read more
Randy***** CellTech
Randy***** CellTech
Cell Phone Technician,
i have a sonim xp strike xp3410 phone that was on sprint, it
i have a sonim xp strike xp3410 phone that was on sprint, it is not under contract are there any other carriers i can use this phone with… read more
IT Manager,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a Motorola Bravo bought from Consumer Cellular via AARP.
I have a Motorola Bravo bought from Consumer Cellular via AARP. I want to change to Straight Talk. Can I use my Bravo with Straight Talk from Walmart?… read more
Randy***** CellTech
Randy***** CellTech
Cell Phone Technician,
Please will you educate me regarding cell phones. I recently
Please will you educate me regarding cell phones. I recently bought a Samsung SCH-S720C (GP) smart phone from Wal-Mart and have it running on their Straight Talk service. $45.00 for unlimited everythi… read more
IT Manager,
i have the droid xt912 I payed cash for it at a dealer store
i have the droid xt912 I payed cash for it at a dealer store it was on my dads verizon acount before he passed away I am using t-mobile and want to us my droid on there network how if at all can i do … read more
IT Manager,
Is there a way to make my jailbroken AT&T coded iphone work
Is there a way to make my jailbroken AT&T coded iphone work as my cell phone on verizon? I use verizon and want to use the iphone (free & in my hands, but an AT&T iphone 4) on my verizon plan. Can you… read more
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark
Cell Phone Engineer,
If I buy a Motorola DEFY in the South Africa (ie same mobile
If I buy a Motorola DEFY in the South Africa (ie same mobile network as Europe), will it work if I visit the United States? (As in, put a different prepaid SIM card inside it of: AT&T, T-Mobile-USA, S… read more
Simit
Simit
Nokia 6235i, previous Alltel service ended 2 years ago, unused
Nokia 6235i, previous Alltel service ended 2 years ago, unused since then, trying to unlock Alltel's code… read more
Daniel P.
Daniel P.
Wireless Consultant,
Currently a student
Stop searching for answers—
Can I use a Sanyo pro that was on a US PHONES CARRIER and
Can I use a Sanyo pro that was on a US PHONES CARRIER and use it on a Bell Mobilty carrier in Ontario ?… read more
Daniel P.
Daniel P.
Wireless Consultant,
Currently a student
My CDMA Dare was used on verizon. I want to unlock it so I
My CDMA Dare was used on verizon. I want to unlock it so I can use it with another CDMA carrier. How do I do that? When can I expect answer?… read more
Richard S.
Richard S.
Accounts and Device Specialist,
How do I unlock my Motorola Droid A855 cell phone. It is currently
How do I unlock my Motorola Droid A855 cell phone. It is currently locked on verizon and I want to unlock it so I can choose a diff provider.… read more
Daniel P.
Daniel P.
Wireless Consultant,
Currently a student
I would like to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone G2, version
I would like to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone G2, version 3.1.3 (7E18), serial number 7R7356TCWH8, model MA712LL(in general settings), model no. A1203 (on beck cover of the phone), modem firmware 04.… read more
Richard S.
Richard S.
Accounts and Device Specialist,
I want to unlock a Nextel-Motorola I760 cell phone. its asking
I want to unlock a Nextel-Motorola I760 cell phone. it's asking for a special code. susidy lock on front screen… read more
Richard S.
Richard S.
Accounts and Device Specialist,
I have a recently unlocked T-Mobile Blackberry Bold 9700. I
I have a recently unlocked T-Mobile Blackberry Bold 9700. I do believe I successfully unlocked it. I obtained an unlock code that when entered gave me a “code accepted” message. I've tried to repeat t… read more
Cell Phone Technician,
Working on MBA