Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

Hi. I can not get into my facebook account. I am getting this

message: "You have requested too...
Hi. I can not get into my facebook account. I am getting this message: "You have requested too many SMS codes recently. Please try again later." Is there anything I can do? Thanks.
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/21/2013
Dustin, Technician
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to help!

I take it, before you started requesting SMS codes, that you werent able to sign into your facebook account.

May I ask why you didnt use the reset password XXXXX email option.. Or any of the other account recovery options?

Thanks for your assistance. I did reset the password. When I tried to log in with the new password, I still did not get my code to go any further in Facebook.

This never happened before. For some reason, I can't get the code sent to my cell phone. It says I requested it too much, although no more than usual. I reset my password XXXXX still not getting the code sent to my cell phone so I can not get into facebook.

Thanks Charlie..

try sending a text from your phone to 32665 , only send a capital letter F

what happens.. Do you get a code?

If so, enter that code for the confirmation and see what happens..

Dustin S.

I did that and put in the cade. I got back "You have entered an incorrect code. Please try again." It did not work. Is there something else I can do? Thanks.

Ok.. Then Facebook is capable of sending you a SMS code.. The question is..

Are you one hundred percent certain that the phone number registered to your facebook account, is the same phone number you have now?

Yes. I am sure the number is XXXXX same. I have been using the same number for years on facebook and had no problem getting the code. This happened out of the blue today when I tried to log in. Nothing was changed on the phone number. It is the same as I am registered with.

If someone has compromised or hacked your account.. They could have changed the phone number to stop you from recovering it..

Or.. Facebook may have had a temporary SMS sending error earlier today..

or even, its possible that maybe your phone was blocking SMS messages from facebook, but now that you sent the Text to the facebook server, it would be unblocked.

What im going to recommend is wait till tommorow, and then try one time to have facebook send the sms code again.. Ideally, it will work.. ( as long as no one has changed the phone number stored on your facebook )

Dustin S.

Thanks for your help. I will try again tomorrow as you suggested. If it still does not work, do I have any other options?

There may be other options.. But those wont be available until after the lockout time on the SMS messages..

If you cant make headway with one SMS attemt tommorow, feel free to send a reply my way Charlie.. As I will be working tommorow as well.

Dustin S.

Thanks again for helping me with this, Dustin. You give me hope. I will try again tomorrow.

And I will look forward to hearing from you again Tommorow Charlie.

before you go, please make sure to set your justanswer account name and password.. So that you can get back to me.

. First, lets make sure that you have set a password XXXXX a username or email address for your justanswer account.. At the top right of this page, click account.

Then set a password, set a username.. And once thats set..

at the top right click my questions, and you should see our question Click the title of the question ( or click reply to expert ) and you will be back here.

I completed my account information. Thanks again. Very much appreciated.

Thank you as well Charlie, for your patience, and your patronage..

Win lose or draw, please send a message when you can so we can either continue, or so I can mark this issue as solved. For now, I guess its goodnight.

Dustin S.

Good morning. I tried it again this morning and still did not get the code. Is there a way to bypass the SMS code and get directly into facebook by using my user name and password? Thanks.

Relist: Other.
AnserGuy81 is great to work with and professional. I enjoyed working with him and I highly recommend his expertise. A+ My question required time, and after waiting, Facebook still would not let me login. Since Facebook is important to my business, it would be great if I could have someone handle my problem asap. Thanks.
Joe
Joe, Cell Phone Technician

Thank you for using
justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your
concern today.

One thing I always wish to try and do is let you know if
something comes up and I am not able to reply back right away but this is
sometimes something I cannot avoid. I will always try to reply back to you
right away however please understand that I may be busy answering another
customer back and thus it may sometimes take time to reply back to you. As soon
as I return I will be sure to reply back to you as soon as I am able to.

You can contact facebook directly to deal with your account and to also submit a ticket on the problem:

https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/?id=338822979524831

Try sending the code to a different phone number or different number and different service provider (one that is not associated with any facebook account) and try that, if that does not work or you have no way of doing that then try creating a new facebook account with your phone number then go back to your old account and send the sms to your phone again from that old account and it may work. Your other option is to use the phone call verification instead of the sms verification.

Other then that you will then need to submit a "bug" report on facebook and ask them to look into your account.

If
you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

Thanks,

Joe

Bonuses
are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 happy face please instead
reply back to me via the reply to expert button. The first two rating faces are
negative feedback the next three after the first two are positive and only for
those 3 do I get a pos rating. If for any reason you are not satisfied please
reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The
deposit you placed when you opened the question is only a deposit you can then click
accept or one of the smile faces, but again only if you are satisfied and only
when you are ready to do so. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert
not the site or the product. If you have
any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks
again for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Thanks for your answer. I created a new Facebook account with a different email and it is telling me to wait 24 hours to login. Hopefully that will work. Thanks again for your suggestions. You all are great and I will let you know how it goes.

No problem.

By creating a new account with an number already associated with another account, it will sometimes remove that number from the old account which will then allow you to re-use that number as a new number for the old account. I highly suggest using the verification via phone call instead of sms.

If you need any further assistance just let us know.

Thanks,

Joe

I will verify it as you suggested. Thanks again for helping me.

It was no problem at all and my pleasure.

Have a great day!

Thanks,

Joe

Joe
Joe, Cell Phone Technician
Joe
Joe
Joe, Cell Phone Technician