Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Straight Talk phone service disabled. What do I do?

Customer Question
My son got my phone...

My son got my phone and now it says "Service disabled". How can I fix this?

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/9/2013
Cell Phone Technician: Richard, Technician replied 5 years ago
Richard, Technician

Can you tell me which Cell Provider your Son is using and the make and model of the phone please?

Straight Talk. Sorry don't know the make and model, but the serial number is 268 435 459 304 117 442

Service Disabled will mean StraightTalk have disabled the account. They can see that the phone is not used by you anymore and may have assumed it Stolen. Can I ask Salina that you please contact them on 1- 877- 430- 2355 . Have them check the account and ensure it is enabled. If you still have difficulties, please let me know so I can assist you further Thank you

Also, has your son put a SIM card in the phone? As this is needed from a cell provider to get service.

This will be the other cause for this message

It is my phone and my son is only one yr old. I used the phone this morning and then he got ahold of it and now it just says service disabled. I was messing with it trying to get it to work and when I went under security it asked for a code

ok! I thought you gave it to your son as a gift.
You need to enter the security code.
Use 0000 or the last 4 numbers of your phone number
Does this unlock it?

Not working .... is ther anyway to reset the phone?

It is not the phone, but the SIM Card (which can not be reset)
What is the exact request for the code so I can confirm this 100%
Can you also remove the battery and SIM card
Wait 5 minutes
Put the SIM card and battery back in the phone and turn it on