Cell Phones

is a att cell phone compatible to consumer cellular phone.

if so how do i...
if so how do i get a sim card for it. i will need a new number.... Read full answer
is a att cell phone compatible to consumer cellular phone. if so how do i get a sim card for it. i will need a new number.
1/3/2013
Richard, Technician
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions!

It is but you need to check the phone is not locked to AT&T

If it is, than you need to use the service on this website

http://www.cellunlock.net/

It will unlock the phone. To find out if the phone is locked, called Consumer Cellular and ask for a contract. They will send you a SIM card and with this you get a new number.

Put the SIM card in the phone, and if it complains it is locked, used the Site I provided to unlock it and it will work.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know

And please remember to Rate My Service

thank you

Richard, Technician
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I just received my equipment to install on my Apple cell
I just received my equipment to install on my Apple cell phone and on my house phone. Need help desperately.… read more
Automation Engineer,
I am trying to move from my current company to Consumer
I am trying to move from my current company to Consumer Cellular. Can you help me. I have my account number from the current plan. … read more
Got new sim cards. called and was told the service was
got new sim cards. called and was told the service was connected. tried using phone, but was told only authorized calls were allowed. can"t be wothout phone service. what is wrong … read more
Amaresha K
Amaresha K
BE
Stop searching for answers—
I was given and older trac fone by a friend. I am trying to
I was given and older trac fone by a friend. I am trying to sign up with consumer cellular, but I need to unlock this phone, and I am really cueless about what that even means much less how to do it … read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I have changed to net 10 and now consumer cellular and they
I have changed to net 10 and now consumer cellular and they say att must unlock phone0***-***-**** I had service and bought phone from att … read more
Have a Huawei acend mate2 from consumer cellular. Put at&t
Have a Huawei acend mate2 from consumer cellular. Put at&t sim card and it locked. Now says cell phone provider lock. how to unlock it/… read more
Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Can I get back into my old ATT phone so I can get all of my
Can I get back into my old ATT phone so I can get all of my contacts once I get the PUK code and can you help me to transfer all of my old contacts from the ATT phone to a consumer cellular phone… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I have 2 verizonwireless /motorolarazor cell phones. I joined
I have 2 verizonwireless /motorolarazor cell phones. I joined consumer cellular and was wondering if these 2 phone can be unlocked and used with consumer cellular?… read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
I just bought a new LGA340 cell phone. I inserted the SIM
I just bought a new LGA340 cell phone. I inserted the SIM card from my previous phone and get a message which says "SIM not allowed MM#3". I have a SIM Card 73043 G 3025. What do I need to do to make … read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I have a Samsung Cellular phone s/nSGH-T105G (TF) and have
I have a Samsung Cellular phone s/nSGH-T105G (TF) and have installed a new Sim card from Consumer Cellular and there is a message of SIM Lock code-1 SOS. How do I get the Sim Card unlocked… read more
Nick H.
Nick H.
Desktop Support Engineer,
I have a Motorola Bravo bought from Consumer Cellular via AARP.
I have a Motorola Bravo bought from Consumer Cellular via AARP. I want to change to Straight Talk. Can I use my Bravo with Straight Talk from Walmart?… read more
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
I have a Motorola Razor Flip Top Phone. The IMEI number is
I have a Motorola Razor Flip Top Phone. The IMEI number is XXXXX Can you tell me the Sim Unlock Code for this phone?… read more
TGTtechsupport
TGTtechsupport
Electronics Team Member,
Stop searching for answers—
Is is possible to control your phone number with a simm card?
Is is possible to control your phone number with a simm card? I have a tmobile pay as you go acct w/ my current cell (t259...not a smart phone). I just started a new job and they gave me a smart phone… read more
Molinari
Molinari
Professional Tech Expert,
CompTIA A+ Certification
I was given a LG Marquee cell phone, model no.LS855 and it
i was given a LG Marquee cell phone, model no.LS855 and it is lock and I want to put it on with my carrier, how do I do this?… read more
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
My name isXXXXX bought a T-Mobile HTC G2 on ebay, and was able t
My name isXXXXX bought a/ T-Mobile HTC G2 on ebay, and was able to unlock it, and it worked right away, but I am having trouble connecting to the data service with my service provider, Consumer Cellul… read more
I just bought a GSM quad band cell phone and loaded my Consumer
I just bought a GSM quad band cell phone and loaded my Consumer Cellular/AT&T SIM card. It recognizes my SIM address book, but says "No service, insert SIM." The SIM works in my old phone, but not in … read more
Owner,
Industrial Technologist
sim locked on my moto wx345 screen reads input PUK Trials
sim locked on my moto wx345 screen reads input PUK Trials remain 10 I put in what I thought was the factory password 1234 it was not the right password. {I am new to this phone}… read more
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit
Cell Phone Tech.,
will my Ipad 1 work in South Africa? I have wifi and 3G.
will my Ipad 1 work in South Africa? I have wifi and 3G. do I need an ATT international plan, or a Vodafone sim-card?… read more
Network & System Administrator,