Thomas
Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Ready to assist with your Cellular devices
62924203

I have an LG optimus android...is there a GPS in it?

Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm happy to help.

Yes! Your LG Optimus does have a GPS installed. Check out the Google Play store for some well known GPS apps from Garmin and TomTom. To learn how to use the default GPS app, CLICK HERE.

If you need more help please reply. If not rate positively and have a great day!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just downloaded an app for geo cache and can't acdcess the GPS help

From the home screen press the Menu Key.
Tap Settings.
Tap Location & Security.
Tap to enable or disable Use GPS satellites.

Make sure the GPS is on and try again. Reboot the phone if it don't work.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

phone indicated location ON, does that mean privacy on or GPS on ?

That means location services are on, which means the geo caching app should know your location.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so how do I get it onscreen? thanks for your patience!

I need the exact model of your phone. There are several Optimus types. Optimus Elite, Optimus M, Optimus V, etc. Try to locate the box the phone came in for this info, or check if it is listed on the back.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

LG Optimus s

E911 capable

want sku?

Don't need SKU, but I would like to know who provides your cell service?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You can use Sprint Navigator but it is a subscription service. I would suggest visiting the store and downloading Google Maps and use it, if it isn't already installed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Found free Google app for GPS Thank You..can handle it from here!

Great! That's my choice for navigation and its great! If you're pleased with my service rate positively! Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have accessed the navagation/compass window on my android. It tells me how many miles/feet I am from destination. But I have seen another window on another phone that shows the GPS as a directional view from destination, like how many feet, in which direction, etc. I still wish I could access that format. Guess it's not meant to be, chuckle. The machine is smarter than I am!

Do you know what app they were using?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

GroundSearch for geocaching!

I'm not finding any information for that particular app. Why not try one of these? CLICK HERE