Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

A broken screen is preventing me from reading saved text messages

on my Samsung Intensity II...
A broken screen is preventing me from reading saved text messages on my Samsung Intensity II Verizon phone. What are my options?
8/13/2012
Josh, Technician
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Please rate my answer quality on the service that I provide. Let's get started!

I would suggest that you purchase a replacement screen($20) and replace it yourself which is a lot cheaper than purchasing a brand new phone.

Click here to purchase the LCD screen --> http://www.amazon.com/LCD-Screen-Samsung-Intensity-U460/dp/B005ZAB7M0

Click here for a complete walkthrough of installing the LCD screen ---> http://www.instructables.com/id/Samsung-Intensity-2-U460-LCD-replacement/
Josh, Technician
Ok, I didn't know I had this option, but the phone is due to be mailed back because I have a $45 dollar deductible. I know that's not your problem, but mine. Is there any way to transfer the texts to my Mac? I can find the one important "group of them", but can't do anything else. I mentioned the option of deleting the group of texts and then possibly recovering the texts onto to ??? Thanks so much. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX assistance. If this constitutes another question and it's necessary, I'll join for a month for now. I'm 70, a retired teacher and try not get stuck in things like this which are very frustrating.
Hi Mike,

Verizon should be able to save your text messages onto a SDcard or memory card for you at a local store and then you can insert it into your computer. (They have done it a couple of times for my friends and there is no charge)

Personally, I would opt for the deductible method since you will get a refurbished phone instead of trying to piece together the old one. This question is still under the previous but I am only paid if you rate my answers as OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT.
Ok, I'll try your suggestion first thing tomorrow. However, the Verizon tech on the phone says there's nothing can be done. I thought it had something to do with Verizon--or at least my phone--not using sim card technology. No?
I will now most definitely rate you "excellent" (buying a new screen), and "good to excellent" re: again inquiring at the local store, providing an SDcard or memory card is possible with my model phone.
Not to worry Josh, you will be paid.
Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX Mike
Thanks Mike! I appreciate the ratings.

I am not sure why the Verizon tech told you that nothing can be done. At the very worst, there is software that can be purchased to preserve text data.

I've already spent $30. Please DO NOT charge me yet another $15.

With this note I'm merely doing you the courtesy of letting you know what happened. Thank you, Mike

Sorry, but nothing can be done by Samsung, Verizon, or three different techies I found. Can't waste anymore time now as to why because I doubt I can do so cogently.

You know I paid $15 the first time and then "joined" for another $15

without a complaint, BUT LIKE I SAID, NOTHING CAN BE DONE I would suppose short of asking a friend at the CIA to do it for me.

Josh, Technician