Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

I forgot my pattern lock code for my Samsung GalaxyS2, how

Customer Question
do I unlock the phone...
I forgot my pattern lock code for my Samsung GalaxyS2, how do I unlock the phone by myself.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
3/22/2012
Cell Phone Technician: Kriptokrit, Cell Phone Tech. replied 5 years ago
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Cell Phone Tech.
Welcome to JustAnswer!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Continue to enter the unlock pattern five times until you are prompted with forgot password (forgot pattern in some handsets) at the bottom right side of the screen.
Tap on the Forgot Password XXXXX and you would be prompted to sign in with the existing Google or Gmail account information.

If you do not have Google account, you have to perform factory reset. Resetting will DELETE ALL DATA, including downloaded applications, and reset the phone back to the state before you turned on the phone for the first time.

To perform factory reset please follow those steps:

1. Turn the power off.
2. Hold down the Volume Up, Power and Home (bottom center) buttons.
3. When the start up screen show, release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset"
5. Press the Home button to confirm.
Allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to complete.
6. Select reboot system now.
Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

Please let me know if that works. Thanks!
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Cell Phone Tech.
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Cell Phone Tech.