Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Hello. Can you help? I have 2 email accounts that up until…

Customer Question
Hello. Can you help...
Hello. Can you help? I have 2 email accounts that up until March 9th I was able to receive on my Blackberry. Now I cannot receive. I have called Verizon Wireless. They indicated to contact Yahoo or ATT. Cannot seem to get to the right party to help. The message from Blackberry "this email account is not currently accessible by your Blackberry device, so you may be experiencing a delay in email delivery. This issue may be caused by a temporary problem with your emial provider. Blackberry Internet Service will continue attempting to access this account. My email accounts are with sbcglobal.net which on my incoming mail server is att.yahoo.com. I am not technnical. I just need toi get my email accounts to be able to be received. I tried sending a test from both accounts from my wireless and was able to receive ONLY on my MAC and not on Balckberry. Is this something you can resolve? Thank You, May
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
3/12/2012
Cell Phone Technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 6 years ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, May! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you solve your problem.

Could you tell me have you made any changes to your Blackberry recently?
No have not made any changes to Blackberry
In that case, since you had tested that e-mail account on your Mac and it worked with no problems, I suggest deleting your e-mail account from Blackberry and then re-configuring it. That should "refresh" the settings so give it a try.
Cell Phone Technician: Michael Hannigan, Cell Phone Technician replied 6 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Cell Phone Technician
Hello. My name is Michael.

It's possible that they've are not using that server for email access for SBC Global any more. If you have it set up on the Blackberry as POP3, then the new server name is pop.att.yahoo.com.

My Incoming Mail Server does read:pop.att.yahoo.com for both email accounts
OK, good. Also, please make sure that you have secure connection enabled and that the port is set to 995.

Have you changed your password XXXXX?
Yes set to 995

No have not changed password (but may have by accident, just do not recall)

Thank You
The best way to a sure fix for this is to go to your Blackberry Internet Services Account on the provider's site and create the email account again there, which will force it to sync to the Blackberry.
I GIVE UP!! Cannot get into Blackberry Internet Services Account. Do not know user name or password. Do not even know if I set it up. Tried to go and create an account ~ cannot get past entering the PIN and IMEI/MEID. I think at this point I will not try to go any further cuz this is too confusing and FRUSTRATING. Will seek another option to resolve. I appreciate your time ~ but my nothing is working. Thank you & good bye.
All you would have to do is call Verizon to get access to your account. But if you have decided to not continue, I respect your decision.

If you would like me to be compensated for my time helping you, please click accept.

Before I click anything ~ I will give Verizon a call AGAIN!! Thank You.
You're welcome. They are going to try to put you off to AT&T or Yahoo if they think you want help specifically with email, so make sure you tell them you just want to access your "Blackberry Internet Services" account on their web site.

Thank You Please bear with me while I try to work with this out with Verizon Wireless. I will not click yet to close this out. Thank You
Take your time. When you do have information, just reply here and I will be notifed.

No one is able to help resolve at this time. According to Verizon tech, ATT is having problem w/sbcglobal.net going thru to Blackberry. Not able to connect with ATT. Thank You for your time. Appreciate ~ altho nothing was resolved.
As you know, I don't have control over their site not working. I can only give you correct information.

As I had mentioned before, if you talk to them about SBC you'll get silence and then they will tell you to go elsewhere. AT&T is not having a problem with SBC Global going through Blackberry, so someone has told you an outright lie. All you need is access to your Blackberry Internet Services account and Verizon can give you that in about 60 seconds. You don't need them to do anything with blackberry, yahoo, or AT&T - I'm telling you that they won't.

I've been helping you and giving you accurate information. It seems that you wish to avoid paying me for my time already invested based on your service provider giving you false information. If you are OK with them fabricating a reason for it not working, that's fine. But it doesn't mean that I haven't spent time helping you.

If you don't want me to be paid for my time, that's up to you. Accepting is at your discretion. But please don't insult me by repeatedly saying "nothing has been resolved".

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Cell Phone Technician
I think you may have misconstrued my message as I was not insulting you and I do know that you spent time in providing me with information ~ I was not avoiding paying ~ I wanted to research further to see if I could get further assistance before closing this out.
I will be here and available to you until you do.

My real frustration is not what you wrote, but what Verizon told you. It's not only untrue, but I can assure you that the person who told you that KNOWS that it isn't true. That's not something that could be mistaken - them telling you that ATT is having problem w/sbcglobal.net going thru to Blackberry is a complete fabrication, and I can't for the life of me understand how a person, on whom you must rely, even with a moral compass in need of some adjustment, thinks that it's ok to fabricate something ridiculous to get you off the phone. I didn't mean to be harsh with you - after all, you are the one that's supposed to be the customer in all of this.

If you can get them to simply give you access to your BIS account, I can help you with the rest. It is true that the SBC Global/Yahoo email thing is a bit complicated because they do change the configuration from time to time, but it's not something that can't be dealt with.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Cell Phone Technician