Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

Have forgotten the pattern to unlock my Samsung Galaxy Ace

Have forgotton the pattern to...
Have forgotton the pattern to unlock my Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830. I only received the phone yesterday and foolishly did not make a note of it. Help please
3/3/2012
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Cell Phone Tech.
Welcome to JustAnswer!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Continue to enter the unlock pattern five times until you are prompted with forgot password (forgot pattern in some handsets) at the bottom right side of the screen.
Tap on the Forgot Password XXXXX and you would be prompted to sign in with the existing Google or Gmail account information. You need to provide the ID when you first register or activated your phone. If you have that, it would be easy to get in for you and then change the unlock pattern.

If you do not set your Google/Gmail account, you will be forced to hard reset your phone. Resetting the phone DELETES ALL DATA, including downloaded applications, and resets the phone back to its initial state.

To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions:
1. Turn the power off.
2. Hold down the Volume Up, Power and Home (bottom center) buttons.
3. When the startup screen show, release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset"
5. Press the Home button to confirm.

Please let me know if that work. Thanks!

If you are satisfied with my answer, please do not forget to click "Accept" button, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Cell Phone Tech.
Sorry but your advice re hard reset does not work. Doing item 2 above brings up a black background with the Samsung logo in the centre of the screen and a box top left containing "RAMDUMP Mode (ARM9 Mode)".
Do you have another suggestion please?
Try please the same procedure but:
2. Hold down the Power + Home (bottom center) buttons. (without Volume up button)

Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Cell Phone Tech.